Thread: Deleting Email and Photos

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    A factory reset does not remove updates from ASUS. It will remove your Google account and all associated things like gmail account, picassa and G+, contacts etc...
    It will remove all apps you have downloaded, all file you have created, text, pictures etc.. It will be completely like it came from the store, but with the latest updates.

Close your gallery app and try the long press again on a picture or album, see if it works again!

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    255 times
    I never had a problem with Gallery, but I started it just now to see what it actually does.
    So I select a picture which opens up a new bunch of pictures, I tap on one of them and it opens up, and at the top there's a row with a 'share' icon, an email icon, a trashcan, and a menu (three dots). At the bottom I can see icons of the other pictures, in a row. If I wait all of that goes away, or if I tap lightly on the picture. To get the icons back I tap lightly again. So tap lightly on the picture if you don't see the trashcan.
    This is with Android 4.1.1, it may be slightly different with 4.2.1, I know it was different with an earlier version than what I use now, but I didn't have any problems adjusting to the change - it was all quite intuitive really.

-Tor

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
    Well, that's the thing IdaUte. I understand exactly what you are saying and agree. The browser is simple. And you're right, how difficult is it to tap gallery? I'll do just that while answering your post and let me see if I can delete a picture...

Step one: Tap the Gallery

There's a bunch of pictures I want to delete.

Step two: Click on a picture and an album of pictures opens up of grandkids at christmas. I already have these on my netbook and PC so I want to delete them.

Step three: click on one picture. It comes up. There is a sideways V and a row of little boxes up in the right corner. I touch the sideways V. Bluetooth, picasa, webstorage, gmail etc comes up. Nothing that says delete. So I touch the little row of squares in the top right corner. This time I see: Slideshow, edit, crop, set picture as, and details.

Nothing with the word delete. I tap pictures, hold my finger on pictures, double tap on pictures, squint my eyes at pictures...nothing.

Ok. At this point, I am thinking I'm thinking maybe I need a man's mind to do this so I head into my very bright husband's office.

*walks down the hall*

He picks up the tablet and hits Gallery. The pics come up. I asked him to delete the Christmas pictures. He touches them, they come up and he begins looking for the word delete or a Trashcan icon and after five minutes and pushing every button on and near the pictures, going back and forth, sighing and trying again, he hands it back to me and say, "I don't know Darlin', this is flippin' not easy to use. Mine just has a little trashcan at the bottom."

So...at least I don't feel so stupid,
    I am beginning to disbelieve the second paragraph in your original post in this string. Sorry about that.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    I never had a problem with Gallery, but I started it just now to see what it actually does.
    So I select a picture which opens up a new bunch of pictures, I tap on one of them and it opens up, and at the top there's a row with a 'share' icon, an email icon, a trashcan, and a menu (three dots). At the bottom I can see icons of the other pictures, in a row. If I wait all of that goes away, or if I tap lightly on the picture. To get the icons back I tap lightly again. So tap lightly on the picture if you don't see the trashcan.
    This is with Android 4.1.1, it may be slightly different with 4.2.1, I know it was different with an earlier version than what I use now, but I didn't have any problems adjusting to the change - it was all quite intuitive really.

-Tor
    I followed your path and I don't have the trashcan. The only explanation is that mine has a little bug somewhere. From what you are describing, it sounds very user friendly and intuitive. I have the newest OS update as it just returned from the service center. I appreciate your comments, help and patience.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I followed your path and I don't have the trashcan. The only explanation is that mine has a little bug somewhere. From what you are describing, it sounds very user friendly and intuitive. I have the newest OS update as it just returned from the service center. I appreciate your comments, help and patience.
    are they picassa pics? You won't get a delete option for those. If they are other pics, you can tap the 3 dots upper right corner to get the delete option.
    Last edited by frenziedfemale; 05-23-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaUte View Post
    I am beginning to disbelieve the second paragraph in your original post in this string. Sorry about that.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    If you are referring to the second line in my OP, I can assure you that I do indeed hold a master's degree in personal financial planning. I went back to school three years ago after raising my children and graduated summa cum laude. Hardest thing I've ever done. And yes, I was a computer programmer for a major air line in the early eighties in the support department. We used cards and coded in Sabre. Since you don't know me and would have no reason to doubt my character, then that leaves the third choice of me saying I wasn't stupid.

If that is what you're referring to then I'm confused. You come from a generation of honor and integrity and to imply I am stupid would be less than kind. And I'm quite sure you didn't mean to imply that. Thank you for your comments and help as I definitely got in over my head when I purchased a tablet.
    frenziedfemale and Swipe like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Yes and let us remember that we do no it condone person flaming or attacks. If you wish to contribute, and you disagree with something, do so without being disagreeable!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in ensuring our forums remain a safe a friendly place for all members.
    Swipe likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    are they picassa pics? You won't get a delete option for those. If they are other pics, you can tap the 3 dots upper right corner to get the delete optioption.
    Some are picasa so that makes a good bit of sense. But, some are just pictures I took when I initially tried out the camera. I have now taken the advice of the reset and am putting the tablet back to factory settings. Thank you for your help.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    A factory reset does not remove updates from ASUS. It will remove your Google account and all associated things like gmail account, picassa and G+, contacts etc...
    It will remove all apps you have downloaded, all file you have created, text, pictures etc.. It will be completely like it came from the store, but with the latest updates.
    Actually, it won't remove your downloads or photos, because they reside on a different partition. You will want to delete those manually, in addition to doing a factory reset.

I've done factory resets several times and I've never lost my photos or downloads. It does however remove all apps and app data.
    Tablet: Asus TF101 B9O 16 GB + 32 GB microSD | SOC: 1.4 GHz Tegra 2 | OS: Team EOS 4 JB 4.2.2 (latest nightly) | Kernel: KAT 103 | Dock: B7O
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 16 GB | SOC: 1.2 GHz OMAP4 | OS: stock JB 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    Laptop: Dell XPS 1340 | CPU: Core 2 Duo P8600 w/ 4GB DDR3 dual-channel | OS: Win7 Pro | Other: copper mod

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Even after I remove my google account from the accounts?
    That would probably work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links