Thread: Microsoft

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    72 times

Microsoft

Microsoft is really investing heavily in software and manufacturing in a effort to gain a bigger share of the smartphone and tablet markets. It seems they are finally realizing the gadget world is here and people tend to use them more than they use their PCs. Although I have not used the new Windows 8, I think that for most of my gadgets android is fine with constant improvements with updates. Google was smart in offering it to developers and manufacturers at no charge.

http://incredibletogether.asus.com/vivotab.html

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
    Last edited by loner; 05-10-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    DEVICES__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Asus TF701T - Custom; Samsung Galaxy S3 - Custom; Asus TF700T - Custom; Toshiba Thrive - (retired)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Powered by Cyanogenmod !!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    Microsoft is really investing heavily in software and manufacturing in a effort to gain a bigger share of the smartphone and tablet markets. It seems they are finally realizing the gadget world is here and people tend to use them more than they use their PCs. Although I have not used the new Windows 8, I think that for most of my gadgets android is fine with constant improvements with updates. Google was smart in offering it to developers and manufacturers at no charge.

http://incredibletogether.asus.com/vivotab.html

It's about time Microsoft is getting on the bandwagon of the tablets. I know personally I use my pc a little less now since getting a tablet. Unless its heavy work I don't boot up my laptop and I do a lot if my web browsing on my TF700 and bb playbook.

As far as windows 8 I still haven't tried it yet but I like the look of the Vivo tab.
    loner likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I have win8 on a PC. My biggest complaint is the lack of instruction. When we installed it, it the only instuction was to move the mouse to the corner. Not kidding. I am a big time computer geek so it really bothered me that I couldn't figure out how to get into the device manager and command prompt etc... took me an hour to finally find device manager, then I had to figure out how I got there
    Now I have it pretty much figured out, but I really only use it to convert dvds for my tablet or back up my phone... it is basically a slave to my mobile gadgets.

Edit: I should probably add that I moved this thread to general discussions as it was not tf700 related. Would have moved to the off topic board but couldn't find it on my list of options.
    Last edited by frenziedfemale; 05-10-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    leeshor, loner and Skie like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    I have win8 on a PC. My biggest complaint is the lack of instruction. When we installed it, it the only instuction was to move the mouse to the corner. Not kidding. I am a big time computer geek so it really bothered me that I couldn't figure out how to get into the device manager and command prompt etc... took me an hour to finally find device manager, then I had to figure out how I got there
    Now I have it pretty much figured out, but I really only use it to convert dvds for my tablet or back up my phone... it is basically a slave to my mobile gadgets.

Edit: I should probably add that I moved this thread to general discussions as it was not tf700 related. Would have moved to the off topic board but couldn't find it on my list of options.
    I heard the same complaints on windows 8 before.
    Its not really off topic, if you check the link in the first post.

DEVICES__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Asus TF701T - Custom; Samsung Galaxy S3 - Custom; Asus TF700T - Custom; Toshiba Thrive - (retired)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Powered by Cyanogenmod !!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    I heard the same complaints on windows 8 before.
    Its not really off topic, if you check the link in the first post.

Well, then let us pretend this is where I intended to move it all along!
    loner and eejit like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    I have Windows 8 on 2 of my computers and really like it but I have not had my hands on a tablet or phone yet.

I really would like to try the W-8 Pro tablet but already owning 3 Android tablets I don't see W-8 in my near future.
    Skie likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    I have the VivoTab RT, an ExoPC clone (Win 8 11.6 in "tablet"), win 8 on two PCs and a laptop (all in dual boot), and an iPad3 along with my TF700. The concept of win 8 is great, but the lack of comparable/compatible apps to Android, makes it suck. Close apps are amateur in nature and the UI is not as polished on these apps as say, JB or iOS. I had issues with "ghost cursoring" with the VivoTab for a long time, but that's finally fixed. I have played with the Win 8 phone, but so far, unless its a gift or price is enticing (< $100 without contract), I don't see getting it anytime soon. I tend to use Win 7 still as my work horse desktop. I do use Win 8 a lot, but mostly to keep up with it when my kids and family run into problems using it. Mostly, I grab a tablet to use based on what mood I'm in. I tend to use the VivoTab and TF700 the most because of form factor. The iPad does have it's place when the Asus products have issues getting on WiFI (church), the iPad just sings along (but church is an Apple predominant world).
    Last edited by kbboykin; 05-15-2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added info
    Transformer TF700 Infinity w/Android 4.2.1
    Google Nexus 7 HD (2013) w/Android 4.3
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 w/Android 4.2.2
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 w/Android 4.1.2 (Backup)

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Haha, the windows geeks over at windows forum hate win8. No start button, you see. Some have gone as far as installed windows 7 in their touchscreen devices LOL.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    Haha, the windows geeks over at windows forum hate win8. No start button, you see. Some have gone as far as installed windows 7 in their touchscreen devices LOL.
    It seems there is no middle ground with windows 8 either you like it or hate it.
    So far I had not had to try it.