Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The next transformer

  1. #1
    Shockwave
    Member #
    2470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    831
    Liked
    27 times

    The next transformer

    I've seen a few threads about what features the next transformer after tf700 might have. As an ASUS customer I've never gotten a survey about what I want even though I've bought a few of their tablets. Just throwing the topic out wondering about a "wish list" for the next tablet....
    My wish list no meaning to the order of it;
    1. same or better battery life.
    2. MUCH MUCH MUCH Better wireless, bluetooth 4, nfc, wifi, optional 4g...
    3. same keyboard dock but with backlit keyboard.-preferably a bundle sold with tablet+keyboard+connector dock for the desk!
    4. better OS or overlay like samsung for floating widgets and side by side apps.
    5. Much better screen high res with 11" edge to edge -same form factor.
    6. Increased storage option, pay $ for more ram and for better faster larger ssd 32gb-256gb ssd.
    7. Get rid of polaris office and perhaps sell with a $25 google play credit...
    well wishlist now ends for the night!



  2. #2
    Shockwave
    Member #
    2470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    831
    Liked
    27 times
    bumpin this up one time .....

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    5624
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norcross, GA
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    10,051
    Liked
    1504 times
    Since your post is pure supposition what answers would you like?

  4. #4
    Shockwave
    Member #
    2470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    831
    Liked
    27 times
    Nothing more than a discussion thread regarding a wish list for asus's next series of tablets. For some reason Asus makes a decision that seems to upset fans but perhaps they do it for shrewd business reasons? For example they made the padfone II without a keyboard dock. I hope they continue the docks for their other new tablet. I should have also added on the wishlist better design+build. I'd rather have that than looks (see endless threads on prime's aluminum casing and very poor wireless performances).

  5. #5
    Jazz
    Member #
    1920
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    73
    Liked
    3 times
    As intense book reader I wish ASUS would make 8" tablet. I love my Infinity but I've bought ARCHOS 8" tablet for reading. I would have enjoyed much more purchasing ASUS 8" device. Maybe someday ASUS will discover this niche.

  6. #6
    Bumblebee
    Member #
    16239
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    2,975
    Liked
    422 times
    Asus makes the Nexus 7 which is pretty much in that niche.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

    Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    52045
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Amke View Post
    As intense book reader I wish ASUS would make 8" tablet. I love my Infinity but I've bought ARCHOS 8" tablet for reading. I would have enjoyed much more purchasing ASUS 8" device. Maybe someday ASUS will discover this niche.
    It's 7", but they just announced this.

    ASUS - - ASUS ASUS MeMO Pad

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    52045
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    Nothing more than a discussion thread regarding a wish list for asus's next series of tablets. For some reason Asus makes a decision that seems to upset fans but perhaps they do it for shrewd business reasons? For example they made the padfone II without a keyboard dock. I hope they continue the docks for their other new tablet. I should have also added on the wishlist better design+build. I'd rather have that than looks (see endless threads on prime's aluminum casing and very poor wireless performances).
    Wasn't this addressed/fixed with the Infinity model? There's plastic across the top now.

  9. #9
    Ratchet
    Member #
    45242
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Oort Cloud
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    210
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    I've seen a few threads about what features the next transformer after tf700 might have. As an ASUS customer I've never gotten a survey about what I want even though I've bought a few of their tablets. Just throwing the topic out wondering about a "wish list" for the next tablet....
    My wish list no meaning to the order of it;
    1. same or better battery life.
    2. MUCH MUCH MUCH Better wireless, bluetooth 4, nfc, wifi, optional 4g...
    3. same keyboard dock but with backlit keyboard.-preferably a bundle sold with tablet+keyboard+connector dock for the desk!
    4. better OS or overlay like samsung for floating widgets and side by side apps.
    5. Much better screen high res with 11" edge to edge -same form factor.
    6. Increased storage option, pay $ for more ram and for better faster larger ssd 32gb-256gb ssd.
    7. Get rid of polaris office and perhaps sell with a $25 google play credit...
    well wishlist now ends for the night!
    Here's my two cents... or should I state seven cents.

    1. Battery could be improved, but as it is now it works rather well. It could be improved upon but not that many users are complaining about the battery life.

    2. The WiFi has already been improved with the plastic strip integrated into the top of the tablet. My TF700 get very good reception, better than some notebook computers.
    The Bluetooth is excellent in my opinion. It has better range than the Bluetooth dongle I currently use on my desktop computer. Optional 4G connection could be offered as an upgrade.

    3. Having a backlit keyboard would only add to the price of the dock which is pricey to begin with. The vast majority of users who use keyboards do not use a backlit keyboard.

    4. Each manufacturer of tablets tweak the Android OS to their own specifications. This enables them to provides unique features compared to the competition. Too much of a copycat would possibly open the door for possible lawsuits.

    5. The 10.1" current display format works fine for the vast majority of users. Going to an 11" would only increase the price and and especially the weight of the tablet. It would also entail manufacturing an odd-sized
    screen which since the demand would not be nearly as great, would therefore cause the tablet to be more expensive.

    6. This one I agree with in some aspects. Installing 2GB of DDR3 RAM would be a boost in performance. Increasing the internal storage capacity would only increase the price. 64GB is large, but definitely no more than
    96GB or 128GB. There really is no reason to go larger. Besides one can always use a larger microSDHC card.

    7. Polaris Office is not that great of an app I agree. I don't think you'll see ASUS remove it though. They probably receive a bit of monetary incentive to install it on the tablet from Polaris. Much like the PC OEM
    manufacturers receive some compensation for installing software on their computers.
    eejit likes this.
    I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
    ~Robert A. Heinlein~



  10. #10
    Shockwave
    Member #
    2470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    831
    Liked
    27 times
    its weird how with asus's offerings they go from 10.1" to 13" (transformer book with windows 8). I thought acer was coming out with an 11 inch edge to edge screen tablet. How difficult and costly could this be?

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

next asus transformer
,
next asus transformer 2013
,

next transformer tablet

,

the next transformer tablet

,
usb otg keyboard
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 AM.