Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times

Airplane mode unintentionally deaktivating every day at 8am

Usually do I have the airplane mode aktivated, because the poor cell phone signal drain my battery a lot.

So fare I know is my only app who can change the airplane mode automatical "timeriffic", but this app doesn't change anything at 8am and the airplane mode change happen even with the deaktivated timeriffic app.

Imediatly after the airplane mode is unintentionally deaktivated the Google Play starting updating some apps!
    Could it be a coincidence or on purpose? (The wifi was always on)

Does someone know an app or setting which is unexpected changing the airplane mode?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

I would try uninstalling timeriffic temporarily to see if it is still active even if turned off. You should also disable the auto updating of the apps as that can be a problem. Because you have been doing that I suggest you do a hard reset to clear out the junk. Instructions are in a link below.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

I would try uninstalling timeriffic temporarily to see if it is still active even if turned off. You should also disable the auto updating of the apps as that can be a problem. Because you have been doing that I suggest you do a hard reset to clear out the junk. Instructions are in a link below.
    Thanks for the answer.
    I tried disabling the auto updating and a cold boot without success.
    My next step will be the uninstalling of timeriffic instead just disabling.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Even a total uninstalling of timeriffic doesn't remove this strange behaviour of my transformer.

I can't imaging which reason something has to swich off the airplane mode each day at 8am.

Does anyone has an Idea about a possible reason or an app which change the flight mode?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I'm guessing you must have an app, maybe an alarm, or some other type of app that is set to try accessing the Internet or waking up the tablet. I don't remember seeing anything on this in the past

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    I'm guessing you must have an app, maybe an alarm, or some other type of app that is set to try accessing the Internet or waking up the tablet. I don't remember seeing anything on this in the past
    A wifi connection was already established before this deaktivating of the airplane mode happen.
    Therefore can't be the internet access request a reason for this behavior. (Or some app programmer doesn't know that the major control of the airplane mode is the cell phone signal. The aktivating of the airplain mode deaktivate the wifi, but you can aktiviate the wifi without deaktivating the airplain mode, because some airplains have a wifi hotspot)

My current turn around is the reinstalling of timeriffic and setup a profil which turn on the airplain mode at 8:03am again. This avoid at least a drain of the battery due to the poor cell phone signal.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links