Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Am I the only person fed up with the "I broke my screen" posts.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negatron View Post
    I had a Handspring Visor w/ a couple of the cartridges. I think one was for backup and the other might have been extra memory. LOL.... Gave it to my nephew when he was a wee lil one.
    Oh yeah, you're bringing back some great memories, my proudest moment was getting the camera cartridge...I actually traded a potter's wheel for it! The quality of those photos weren't great, but, for some reason, I never enjoyed taking photos more than I did using it!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    Everyone that finds a thread (or threads) redundant could not simply not read those threads.

With that said, I have two Asus tablets (TF101 & Nexus 7) and the screens are fine.

I can say - without hesitation - that I'd be pretty upset if my tablet screen broke without being dropped or otherwise abused.

A little empathy could go a long way here...
    You're missing the point. It has notjhing to do with (lack of) empathy. It's about literally a multitude of the same topic hogging up space on active topics.
    What's the use for 20 odd broken screen topics if you can limit it to two relevant ones?
    sculptedstylus likes this.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieD View Post
    You're missing the point. It has notjhing to do with (lack of) empathy. It's about literally a multitude of the same topic hogging up space on active topics.
    What's the use for 20 odd broken screen topics if you can limit it to two relevant ones?
    I agree with you Ronnie, but it would be difficult, and take a lot of judgement calls, to decide what is user error and design flaws(?). Now, some merging of threads might do the trick! Will look into it.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg9999 View Post
    8/10 these are down to user error, fat fingers, kids, pets, clumsiness
    1. Take out gadget insurance.
    2. get a screen protector and a case.
    3. Treat it carefully

The threads seem to have a common feel, they break it and expect asus to fix it and pay all carriage.
    If you are in the UK, and it's over £100, pay on a credit card, then the card company is jointly responsible, even if your bought on the internet.
    OK......what about me then? Don't class us all in one Category. My screen cracked whilst in a PROTECTIVE CASE......it had a PROTECTIVE SCREEN...it WAS NOT DROPPED........it WAS INSURED ( Insurance Company said it was a Design Fault and wouldn't pay.) I paid ASUS for transporting the Tablet from UK to CZECH REPUBLIC by AIR EXPRESS for its repair. Cost £134 because ASUS say it was MY FAULT and wouldn't pay anything.
    I would appreciate your comments on this PARTICULAR set of FACTS please in light of your original statement.

I am sure that the main cause of the screens cracking is the design and manufacture of the DOCK where it attaches to the Tablet.
    Last edited by SNOWDROP252; 09-08-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Snowdrop - Did you have anything in writing from the Insurance company which you could have sent to Asus to backup your claim??

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    10 times
    I sent the Letter from the Insurance Company to ASUS and the Letter from ASUS to the Insurance Company...............................they both replied blaming each other and both stated that the claim was not accepted. In the end I gave up. The Insurance Company then sent me a Renewal Notice for my House and Contents Insurance, due 20/9/12.........................now you will laugh at this one..........................they INCREASED my Premium because I had made a "CLAIM" ( The screen crack which they said was "Not an Insured risk" under the Policy as it was a Manufacturing fault. ) Needless to say I have gone with a new Insurer. Then my Wife's Car Insurance was due....with the same Insurer.............that too was changed to another Insurance Company, boy they lost out BIG TIME over their refusal to pay up. Couldn't claim on Credit Card as I paid cash.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOWDROP252 View Post
    OK......what about me then? Don't class us all in one Category. My screen cracked whilst in a PROTECTIVE CASE......it had a PROTECTIVE SCREEN...it WAS NOT DROPPED........it WAS INSURED ( Insurance Company said it was a Design Fault and wouldn't pay.) I paid ASUS for transporting the Tablet from UK to CZECH REPUBLIC by AIR EXPRESS for its repair. Cost £134 because ASUS say it was MY FAULT and wouldn't pay anything.
    I would appreciate your comments on this PARTICULAR set of FACTS please in light of your original statement.

I am sure that the main cause of the screens cracking is the design and manufacture of the DOCK where it attaches to the Tablet.
    There really is NO NEED TO YELL, is there?

It comes down to this: we're talking about a piece of glass.
    Think about it. You're an insurance agent & you get yet another call about a broken screen.
    It really doesn't matter the device....there are millions out there regardless of design/product or maker.
    It is probably your 18th call of the day, and the 11th to claim..."I don't know what happened, honest....I was just standing there...."
    Yup, you'd be telling them to pound sand as well.

Unless someone with mighty-deep-pockets can take it into a lab and get some independent studies to proove it is a design
    flaw...its your word-or your insurance co's word against ASUS.

So yeah, many people are tired of the "I went to bed,it was fine, I woke up and...."
    Sorry for what you're going thru hope it gets straightened out.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    10 times
    eeejit..................Thanks for your very in depth analysis of my English.........................words were put in Capitals to emphasise them, ( much the same as you using ITALICS to put over your point )...in my part of the World capitalisation of words for emphasis purposes is standard practice. Having taken out an Insurance Policy which specifically insures against glass breakage on any item in the Household I was naturally expecting them to pay for the repair.....................how naive of me........oh no, just blame it on a manufacturing fault and the problem goes away. In my case the insurance Policy was not worth the paper it was written on. They took my Premium and issued me with a Certificate of Insurance.....................but hey, don't expect us to pay out, don't be silly, we are in business to take money not pay it out. Asus adopted the very same attitude and didn't want to know. I am very angry about the whole affair and have taken the only steps towards redress that I can...I do not insure with that particular Insurance Company any more and I now won't even buy any Equipment that has anything to do with ASUS. My money, my choice, their loss.
    Last edited by SNOWDROP252; 09-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieD View Post
    I'm not missing the point at all - the OP's statement made absolutely no mention of merging threads:

Quote Originally Posted by mrg9999 View Post
    8/10 these are down to user error, fat fingers, kids, pets, clumsiness
    1. Take out gadget insurance.
    2. get a screen protector and a case.
    3. Treat it carefully

The threads seem to have a common feel, they break it and expect asus to fix it and pay all carriage.
    If you are in the UK, and it's over £100, pay on a credit card, then the card company is jointly responsible, even if your bought on the internet.
    All I read in the original post is the assertion that the large majority of cracked Asus tablet screens are the users fault, not some kind of design or quality defect.
    Last edited by Angus66; 09-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Acer A700 32GB <--------- Currently searching for it's replacement
    Nexus 7 FHD 32GB
    Nexus 7 FHD 16GB (Wifes Tablet)
    1st-gen Nexus 7 32GB (Navigation/Media)
    1st-gen Nexus 7 16GB (Sons Tablet)
    Transformer TF101 32GB (Sons Tablet)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOWDROP252 View Post
    I sent the Letter from the Insurance Company to ASUS and the Letter from ASUS to the Insurance Company...............................they both replied blaming each other and both stated that the claim was not accepted. In the end I gave up. The Insurance Company then sent me a Renewal Notice for my House and Contents Insurance, due 20/9/12.........................now you will laugh at this one..........................they INCREASED my Premium because I had made a "CLAIM" ( The screen crack which they said was "Not an Insured risk" under the Policy as it was a Manufacturing fault. ) Needless to say I have gone with a new Insurer. Then my Wife's Car Insurance was due....with the same Insurer.............that too was changed to another Insurance Company, boy they lost out BIG TIME over their refusal to pay up. Couldn't claim on Credit Card as I paid cash.
    I feel your pain snowdrop. The insurance companies in the US are just as bad. They change the rules to suite themselves CONSTANTLY. They are in the business of taking our money, not paying out legitimate claims.
    They take your premiums for years and then when you file a claim they either raise your rates or drop your coverage. WTF?!?!
    Acer A700 32GB <--------- Currently searching for it's replacement
    Nexus 7 FHD 32GB
    Nexus 7 FHD 16GB (Wifes Tablet)
    1st-gen Nexus 7 32GB (Navigation/Media)
    1st-gen Nexus 7 16GB (Sons Tablet)
    Transformer TF101 32GB (Sons Tablet)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links