Like Tree4Likes

Thread: warning: buying tablet at best buy

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    10 times
    Troubles with Warranties are also common in the UK. My screen on the 300 just cracked. No problem I thought as I claimed for damage on my Household Insurance. Have now received the 300 back from the Insurance Company unrepaired and telling me that the insurance only covered ACCIDENTAL glass breakage and they consider the glass crack on my 300 is due to a manufacturing fault and is therefore not covered.......!!! Guess which Insurance Company will not get my custom in future when Policy is due for renewal.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundOfItAll View Post
    Be sure to read the little book included with the warranty. All the information I've got was in there,,,that's where it talked about the lemon policy, the screen repairs, etc.

I'm thinking it may depend on when you purchased it and which one it was.

The warranties use to be pretty great..they were the replacement kind, no questions asked (atleast in my experiences). Often it was exchanged for a new model...or purchase price. But it seems more recently theyve pushed "repairing it" - and my tablet was gone for 10 days to be fixed. No complaints about it, but I'm now trying square trade...three years (ipad) for less than best buys two year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Exactly. I really love Best Buy. Their customer service has always done right by me, and their return policies are the best that I've ever experienced. However, I bought my TF300 from Amazon instead of Best Buy because Squaretrade is EVEN CHEAPER on an Amazon item than regular, and way cheaper than Best Buy. I don't remember exactly, but Square Trade fro my TF300 for 3 years, including user-caused damages, dropping it, etc., was like $120, as opposed to best buy being like $200+ for two years, with no always covering user damage.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    I definitely second the Squaretrade deal via Amazon. After seeing Applecare and Geeksquad going downhill with accidental coverage (or lack there of), I am going to try Squaretrade next. .... thought have never filed a case with them.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my TF3ooT at bellevue washington. Maybe some other stores are handled well by management. But DEFINITELY not this one. at this particular store, there is no black tie warranty, there's actually 5 different kinds which i found out after my screen cracked (I didn't buy the case yet at this time and used my computer bag). And for update, I was able to get a replacement after getting my complaint followed through by Atty General consumer affairs. I tried to get it through the same store (I know that was stupid, but in a way i wanted them to deal with it) but of course, the customer rep mistakenly stapled my email receipt (it has digital code with credit of $400) with a previous customer's paperwork. the next day, corporate office staff told me the code is no longer valid (it was used illegally, not to my surprise) and went ahead and ordered me another one online. so definitely do not go to this store and to the loyal best buy customers, at least clarify with them what the warranties are. and thanks for the tip. I already bought my warranty through Square trade and read great reviews about them. Loove my tablet btw
    Last edited by antibb; 08-08-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOWDROP252 View Post
    Troubles with Warranties are also common in the UK. My screen on the 300 just cracked. No problem I thought as I claimed for damage on my Household Insurance. Have now received the 300 back from the Insurance Company unrepaired and telling me that the insurance only covered ACCIDENTAL glass breakage and they consider the glass crack on my 300 is due to a manufacturing fault and is therefore not covered.......!!! Guess which Insurance Company will not get my custom in future when Policy is due for renewal.

love how they entice you to cover as much items as you can then push you away as much as they can when it's time to claim their service.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Extended warranties on electronics are not a good idea. Just keep your money and take care of your stuff and you'll come out ahead.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    27 times
    I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Homer gets Moe to put the crayon back in his ear so he'll get stupid again. We know it worked when he cries: "Of course I'll take the extended warranty!"

Does it make sense to pay a quarter of the purchase price to cover a piece of equipment you're likely going to replace in two years anyway?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links