Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzzo View Post
    it depends on if you are into games and such i guess.. not my bag angry birds plays fine on either and quite afew other less gfx intensive things work on the 101.. pdf? load them to a mem card and you will see a direct improvement.. dont use some bloat ware program to display... and it works fine... hell,, i have my 101 hooked up to splashtop remote.. and i able to pretty much run my whole big PC operations with no lag.. i have it working Plex.. as an app and i have it working as a dummy terminal to Plex on the windows machine.. i have it running xbmc as a dummy terminal with very good results... perhaps a small bit of lag.. but a bit of buffer time clears that.. i have navi-x as an app... i also use the 101 as a dummy terminal running navi-x through xbmc.. and it works quite well also... i dont like the construction of the 201 or 300 as much as the 101.. it been paired down too much... the micro hdmi vs mini hdmi.. the placement of the sd card,,, docking / cracking of the screen issue. the form over function idea of a metal back that hurts wifi/ gps... if you want to see how fast the 101 is... just switch off java... then surf.. being not into games or any of that... im quite happy with the 101.. and can wait out the next wave..

but i will get a nexus 7...
    but i will be keeping the 101 until a big enough performance bump comes along...

jmho...
    Screen cracking? On which model? The original transformer prime seemed sturdy to me...plus gorilla glass which the 300tthe doesnt have

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Tegra 2 reads pdfs fine! It is widely recognised as a groundbreaking & top quality chipset.
    (Really anarox!!!)

The simple difference is this...

Tegra 2 = dual core
    Tegra 3 = quad core

Both have more processing power than a typical tablet needs. You could also consider the Acer Iconia A510.

Plastic case
    - pros - scratch resistant, good wifi & gps signal
    - cons - its plastic

Metal case
    - pros - stylish, looks nice
    - cons - interferes with wifi & gps signal, scratches easily

The best answer for you is to set a budget. Know what you want to do with the device & why - then review all the possibilities & make as informed a choice as possible. The research is more fun than the purchase in many ways.

MobileTechReviews on YouTube are very good reviews of this type of thing. Lisa does a great, honest, informed & balanced job of her reviews.

Good luck with your choice
    (Moved to Asus General)
    Tell that ro my tablet mate, It crashes when rendering big pdfs. This happens on all pdf apps.. Really disturbing when reading and taking notes. In my opinionen because non of the apps are optmizied for tegra or even ics, tegra 3 is needed to overflow power to get it stable. This is why it works better on tegra 3, more power can be wasted on the rendering. Tegra 2 is a good cpu, if you have optimized apps... Which there are non available . My advice again is get tegra 3 to overcome this problem.

B60 TF101 16gb WW version. Never rooted.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    I think im gonna go with the 300t, the plastic backing is going to be on the. Infinity. So im sure its sturdy.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    watch this from about 3:30 this shows its aluminium

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mercfh View Post
    I think im gonna go with the 300t, the plastic backing is going to be on the. Infinity. So im sure its sturdy.
    I think 300 has no gorilla glass, if you are active with your tablet alot then wait for infinity.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    Okey this is offtopic but I went for another pdf reader hunt and I found one that was optmized for arm7. It seems like it is also optmized for arm6 because Im getting an double increase in speed and stability when reading the same pdf. This app is called radaee

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=radaee.pdf

This is a good example of optimized vs not optimized, onlh thing missing is highlighting. Wow really an improvement vs the other readers

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Im def not waiting for infinity, wayy to expensive.
    I hope asus plans on contuing to make the 300t :/

I will miss the gorilla glass though, but im pretty careful with my stuff

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anarox View Post
    Okey this is offtopic but I went for another pdf reader hunt and I found one that was optmized for arm7. It seems like it is also optmized for arm6 because Im getting an double increase in speed and stability when reading the same pdf. This app is called radaee

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=radaee.pdf

This is a good example of optimized vs not optimized, onlh thing missing is highlighting. Wow really an improvement vs the other readers

Which readers did you try? I just tested on the only PDF i had on my mem card (a map for hospital visitors). This one is nice, but I actually found ASUS MyLibrary to have the smoothest framerate while scrolling. The only thing I don't like is its slower scrolling speed ( distance), especially zoomed in. Radaee seems to do a great job here (kinetic scrolling). Amazon Kindle app was by far the worst, hanging often.

I'd rank them:

1. Asus MyLibrary
    2. Radaee
    3. Polaris office
    99. Amazon Kindle ( terrible)
    Tablet: Asus TF101 B9O 16 GB + 32 GB microSD | SOC: 1.4 GHz Tegra 2 | OS: Team EOS 4 JB 4.2.2 (latest nightly) | Kernel: KAT 103 | Dock: B7O
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 16 GB | SOC: 1.2 GHz OMAP4 | OS: stock JB 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    Laptop: Dell XPS 1340 | CPU: Core 2 Duo P8600 w/ 4GB DDR3 dual-channel | OS: Win7 Pro | Other: copper mod

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    A lot of manufacturers just released new tablets with dual core processors. How long these tablets will be around I'm not sure. My guess is that they will get replaced this holiday season. But the Samsung galaxy tab 2 and Xoom 2 both have a dual core and are as expensive or more expensive than Asus and other brands with quad core chips. This tells me were either not done with the dual core or their trying to make extra profits. Either way right now its not worth laying down 400 dollars for last years technology. I don't like Asus anymore so I'm just going to wait out the summer and see what comes and get announced. I have my hopes up for the 700.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zAlbee View Post
    Which readers did you try? I just tested on the only PDF i had on my mem card (a map for hospital visitors). This one is nice, but I actually found ASUS MyLibrary to have the smoothest framerate while scrolling. The only thing I don't like is its slower scrolling speed ( distance), especially zoomed in. Radaee seems to do a great job here (kinetic scrolling). Amazon Kindle app was by far the worst, hanging often.

I'd rank them:

1. Asus MyLibrary
    2. Radaee
    3. Polaris office
    99. Amazon Kindle ( terrible)
    My rank:
    1: Repligo PDF reader (most capible with annotations, only highlighting and note)
    2: Radaee (fastest but no annotations)
    3: Ezpdf, used to fastest, has best annotation tools : freehand drawing and writing, notes, circles, rectangles, highlighting, flatten annotions (incorperate into pdf) etc etc. It is still stuck on non gpu rendering because of backwards support to older devices, but with ics this causes crashes and freezes and long time for rendering. Can be the king of pdf, but has major problems. I would rank Ezpdf as the high an iannotate (except for multiple pdf reading) if it were stable

Im using Lippincott pharmacology 83 mb/ 600 pages, text and pictures in color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links