Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Problem with Asus Customer service - need help ASAP

Hello,

Three weeks ago my TF101 died with no reason, I couldn't start the tablet any more:-( I called customer support and the arrange a collection and since than I started to see to other side of Asus and not the good one! three weeks into the process and still I have no real communication with the support team.

Can anyone help and tell me how I can contact Asus by phone (not the 0044-8701208340- THEY DON'T REALLY HELPING:headwall 02 and complaint about this and try to get my TF101 back.

Cheers,
    Zahi

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    I've never had to deal with them, and I don't think anyone here works (or speaks for) Asus, so I'm thinking you're barking up the wrong tree.
    Customer Service is customer service. From reading the threads around here it doesn't seem like an Asus strong point.
    I have read many times that it's hard as hell to find out anything about your unit once it's 'in their hands'.
    BUT, one day you will receive an email that it's on the way back to you. Is that the way to do business? No.
    Can I offer suggestions for them to run a better business? Yes.
    Will it help your situation? No.

I sympathize with you, but I'm sorry, I don't have much to offer besides an ear.
    Last edited by eejit; 03-21-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    13 times
    I sent an email to Asus asking how I can return my 201 for repair, I explained very clearly that the local Asus dealer did not know what i should do as purchased in the UK not china, I asked should I return just the pad, the pad plus dock,or the pad plus dock plus power supply, the response???
    Dear customer, we apologise for not offering global warranty on your product, please contact www.******** for more information,
    great service Asus.
    And some wonder why I am frustrated by Asus, think I am just making a fuss, sorry, but this is bad service
    Asus TP 201, UK version s/m ***AS045***
    Samsung Ace

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    It sounds like you'll need to ship it back to the UK for service.

By the way: when shipping for returns? The instructions are to keep everything, and only ship the tablet itself-- do not send any cables, microSD cards, covers, headsets, etc--nothing but the tablet itself. They won't promise to return your extras.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    13 times
    That is my point exactly, in the UK we are told return the tablet only, but the dealer here in China "thinks" I should return everything, so I asked directly with Asus, three emails all asking the same question, three replies not answering any direct question.
    Incredibly bad customer service.All I want is a working prime, is that so much to ask for a 500 pound top of the range system???
    Asus TP 201, UK version s/m ***AS045***
    Samsung Ace

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    I would go with the UK repair instructions. Moreover? For $500, I would pay the shipping back to the UK--the country of origin. But that's just me, being conservative. The Chinese repair may well get the job done, but they may also be someone's uncle (ore nephew) who is "really gud with the tools" and they would need all the extras, as they don't really have any themselves... and are not really setup to fix it correctly, either.

I've returned for repair several different items in the past (but, thankfully, not my TF) and they always say send just the base item, without any extras, for a repair.

Returns for refund? A 100% different animal... then, you typically need even the original box it came it, too! (as well as all the stuff)

I'd listen to the UK repair advice myself, and I'd send it to them, since you have a UK machine. But, as I said, that is me, being conservative.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    52 times
    Sorry to hear your troubles, hopefully they will be fixed.

Make sure also that you take pictures of your device before you send it off as well back, front side, serial number etc etc. There have been a couple of horror stories where repair centres claim that the device was received damaged on delivery. Document, document, document.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah ASUS customer service isnt great, my 101 has been rma'd 3 times, and all though Now I have a working unit, its been ouot of my hands for over 6 weeks, and shipping costs, etc, Im glad I have a workign unit, but I was thinking of upgrading to a prime, but my rma experience has made me think twice, $500 plus tax is a lot of money. The dreaded apple IPAD has become more appealing, due to the fact if its still under warranty I can just walk into an apple shop and return it there, and not deal with shipping and worrying, Your local RMA would be more advisable than shipping it overseas (Expensive and time consuming), as one time the RMA sent me back a total brick, even though it was sent only for a headphone socket problem.
    Good Luck...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

After 4 weeks I managed to get my TF101 back, but after few days I started to experince the same problem - I can start the device:-( Now I have a new RMA and here we go again. I have friends with ipad and when they have problems the go to apple store to fix it - very easy.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Private 1st Class Knucklehead @ 877.....!
    Yeah....I have owned a couple Asus laptops...pretty satisfied till I had to actually call to 877 #
    I just bought the Trio 4500 three weeks ago, and for what it is, it works well.

All was great till the monitor (tablet) would not come out of it's slumber.

I called Asus, and after spending 15 minutes asking me questions that did not pertain to my problem, he finally asks...."So...whats the problem"?
    I then explain it to him. He then puts me on hold so he can go down his list of canned problem/solutions.
    He then comes back on and says its most likely a hardware problem and proceeds to provide pack it up & send it in info.

I cut him off and asked why he did not provide 1 of maybe... 10 potential trouble shooting solutions I was just starting to read on this site.
    He said...."well, you can try this, but it probably will not work"
    I did it and wallah! It worked.
    The deal was the base, or keyboard was engaging just fine...the monitor would not come on....not even the orange LED would come on.
    I actually did just as he suggested prior to calling, However I did not detach from the keyboard 1st.
    Had I not, interrupted him and pursued an immediate solution, my 3 week old Trio would be on it's was to God Knows where.
    1st class knucklehead.
    M.L.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links