Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Rooting yes/no/maybe/why

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi guys,

I have the Asus Transformer Prime for quite some time now and I never saw the advantage of rooting it, however I do feel the need to free up some of the internal memory and pass everything to my SD Card. Any alternatives on that? By the way, which SD Card do you recommend? Does it accept a 64GB card? Thanks in advance

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    397 times
    Depending on the file you want to move to a microSD card, you do not need root. I have heard good reports on 64GB cards just make sure to get it from a reputable source as they can be made to show more storage than they actually have.

To move files like videos, music, photos etc, just open the file manager, long hold on the file you want to move, cut it, go to the folder you want to move it to, then there should be a paste option. Has worked well for me.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    is .24 rootable?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kokobaliev View Post
    is .24 rootable?
    Welcome to the forum! Yes, .24 is rootable using the same method as .21. Use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1622628

Method 3.

Cheers

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

:)

Hi, there! Than u for your quick response but cant understand what to do. Is this for linux system method because im with Win7?
    Is there any program to root it quickly? thank u

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    We had 1 click rooting for about 2 weeks in November. ASUS is constantly fixing its holes for root. From Aug-Nov they were unrootable too.

This uses ADB (Android Debug Bridge) part of the Android SDK (Software Development Kit).

Here is a tutorial:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...easy-tutorial/

If you want an easier way to root ASUS is not the answer. They have also locked the boot loader on the TF201 and TF300.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

:)

thank u very much! ill try it later and write the result hope it will work! thanks again

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I add my Amen to what you have said. While browsing through this and other forums, it seemed that rooting was the thing to do. So I did. And all those apps like Titanium Backup and Superuser and all the rest worked... until the version of CWM which I was using got into a bootloop. My great tablet was, if not bricked, pretty useless. Fortunately, I found a place in CA that would fix the software glitch, and $100 later and a month later had my tablet back in working order (unrooted and with stock ICS from Asus). I'm happy as a lark finding themes and other mods that will work without my tablet being rooted

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    100 times
    New reason too root, I made a one-click, and it's easier than ever Works on any ICS firmware --
    [GUIDE/TOOL] [EASY] PERI-V0.2: One click root+recovery! (Works with .24!)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    There have been quite a few posts recently from member who have rooted their Transformers. The vast majority of those posts were because they had a problem related to rooting. Many of those problems were just that, problems.

Some of those who rooted found they couldn't get firmware updates. This may indicate that not enough research was done before rooting their device, mostly due to issues with later hardware versions of their Transformers.

It seems that some people feel that rooting is a must. Consider these points:

1. Ask yourself if there really is a good reason to root. Is there a must have app that won't install without a root?

2. Many have, in the past, determined they needed to root in order to backup, (Titanium Backup). I feel that ASUS wisely included an app that took care of that in order to reduce the possibility of rooting related problems.

3. Consider that the FW updates from ASUS have added value (AppBackup, SuperNote for example) that may reduce the need to root. I'm not even addressing custom ROMs. These value added apps and tweaks may have negated the original reason for the root so patience may pay off.

4. Consider ICS (nuff said)

5. Rooting has become a big part of the developers discussions but many of the posts are about a root that went wrong or messed with an update. I do feel for people who in some cases, at least temporarily, bricked their Transformers but keep that in mind

I'm not recommending for or against rooting here but you should really consider why you want to root, have a good reason, and do your due diligence research before jumping into a potential quick sand pit.

WHY? should be the first thing you ask.
    Because One that doesn't know, more than any, WANTS to know, regardless of consequence. Without this mentality the very topic at hand wouldn't exist. Desire and ambition are solely fueled by this mentality

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads