Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times

ASUS Zenfone2 vs other phones

I like the ZE551ML,
    The price is good, so are the specs.
    It supports LTE band up to 20, but I see some other phones (Samsung S6, etc ) support band 12.
    As I know it is latest, but not sure if it is also the fastest?

How is it faster than the ZF2 in terms of download speed under LTE?
    ASUS T100HA-C4-GR CPU: Atom Z8500 1.44GHz -BIOS: -Graphic: Intel HD Graphic Windows 10 Home
    ASUS T100TA-C1-GR(S) CPU: Atom Z3775 1.46GHz -BIOS: 313 -Graphic: Intel HD Graphic Windows 10 Pro
    Games tested playable: GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, FIFA 14, FIFA 15 UT, PES 15, SIM CITY 5, SIM 4
    ASUS ZenFone2 CPU: Atom Z3560 -Android 5.0 -2GB Ram -16GB

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times

[ASUS ZenFone2] Battery Issue

Now I owned the Zenfone2, and T100TA.
    Having two chargers.
    One 5V 2A (T100TA)
    Another is 5.2V 1.35A (Zenfone2)

As the Zenfone2 supports fast charge of 9V 2A (18W), can I use the T100 charger to charge my Zenfone, with burning my phone??

Will the speed be significant faster than using the original charger?

Also, How many hours of usage do you guys have when using the Zenfone2?
    I have roughly 2hours screen on, with cellular data on always. Can use it roughly 20 hours (or standby). from the battery meter.
    ASUS T100HA-C4-GR CPU: Atom Z8500 1.44GHz -BIOS: -Graphic: Intel HD Graphic Windows 10 Home
    ASUS T100TA-C1-GR(S) CPU: Atom Z3775 1.46GHz -BIOS: 313 -Graphic: Intel HD Graphic Windows 10 Pro
    Games tested playable: GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, FIFA 14, FIFA 15 UT, PES 15, SIM CITY 5, SIM 4
    ASUS ZenFone2 CPU: Atom Z3560 -Android 5.0 -2GB Ram -16GB

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    @wifislow

This forum does not support Asus cellphone handsets. The padfone was an exception, but only because it connected to a tablet.

You will find better support on a different forum for your phone.

That said, you must only use a voltage that exactly matches or is less than the supplied charger with your phone or you WILL fry your phone beyond repair & outside of warranty.

A higher amperage is fine.

Merged (thread on this off forum topic already started - you do not need another)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    @wifislow

This forum does not support Asus cellphone handsets. The padfone was an exception, but only because it connected to a tablet.

You will find better support on a different forum for your phone.

That said, you must only use a voltage that exactly matches or is less than the supplied charger with your phone or you WILL fry your phone beyond repair & outside of warranty.

A higher amperage is fine.

Merged (thread on this off forum topic already started - you do not need another)
    There's a caveat to that statement.
    Chargers which support quick charging of any type. That includes ones for Qualcomm quick charge and the technology that ASUS used for its phones are intelligent enough to check whether the device its plugged into has the support for higher voltage. Otherwise it will deliver a standard USB 5v 1-2amps.

Janner you may remember that the tf series devices had a 9V adapter with a proprietary cable. ASUS specifically mentioned in their support material that the charger was fine to use for standard USB output since it checked for the presence of a compatible device before giving full power.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Yes the TF pads had 15v chargers which output at 5v when they didn't recognise the device. Fine, but if the Zenfone2 doesn't come with a multi volt charger then how can we be sure that anything other than the supplied charger will be safe?

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Yes the TF pads had 15v chargers which output at 5v when they didn't recognise the device. Fine, but if the Zenfone2 doesn't come with a multi volt charger then how can we be sure that anything other than the supplied charger will be safe?
    I just looked up the list of compatible devices on Qualcomm's site. The list the Zenphone 2 as a compatible device.

I then found the Quick charge FAQs also on their site.
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...ick-charge/faq
    Here is what they have to say about interchangeability of all certified chargers (Yes the Asus one is certified)
    since Quick Charge 2.0 is compatible and interoperable, a certified adapter can be used with a non-Quick Charge 2.0 device, though the fast charging benefits of Quick Charge 2.0 will not be available. You can download a .pdf of some supported devices.
    This was a major question when quick charge first came out. People worried that they couldn't use their chargers with other phones. Now we have the official answer from Qualcomm that it is compatible with non certified phones.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links