Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ASUS phone vs other brands

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Last Christmas I bought my wife the Asus Zenfone 5 (Actually it's the Zenfone 1). Asus wisely changed their naming of the Zenfone's since last year with the release of the Zenfone 2 because it was too confusing to what everyone else was doing. They were originally naming the Zenfone's according to their screen size. So last year you could get a Zenfone 4, Zenfone 5 or Zenfone 5.5 where the number identified the screen size.

When I compared the Zenfone 1 to everything in a comparative price range ($200 range), the Zenfone blew everything else in that price range out the water spec wise. 2GB RAM, 1.2Ghz quadcore, 16GB internal storage, 64GB external storage. The only thing I found close to it in the same price range was the BLU VIVO 4.8 HD which lacked an external micro SD card slot and came with 1GB of RAM. I bought her the Asus ZenFone 5 LTE (A500KL).

Overall my wife has been happy with this phone. However there are a couple problems we've had that we don't particularly like. I purchased it to use with Metro PCS/T-Mobile service where I haven't been able to configure the Metro PCS information in this phone so that she can send/receive photos through SMS Text messages. She has to use WhatsApp to send/receive a text message with a photo attached. So I'm really confused on what's going on there where the built in Asus SMS messenger isn't able to send/receive photos . The other thing, despite reading all the good reviews of how good the 8 Megapixel camera was on this phone, the photos it takes come out pretty blurry where they definitely are not up to print quality the few times we wanted to print some of the pictures.

This year I purchased my step son the Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML) 64GB version for Christmas. He's a teenager and tends to use his phone more than he does the Asus T100TA transformer I bought him for Christmas 2 years ago, so I figured I better get him the high end version of this phone. $280 from Micro Center....much more than he deserves. I'm hoping it doesn't have the same no photo SMS text message problem with Metro PCS and that the photo quality with the 13Megapixel camera will do better than its predecessor. I can let you know some time after Christmas.

With your Zenfone 2
    How's the photo quality?
    Have you been able to send/receive Photos via SMS?
    If you are able to send/receive photos via SMS which carrier are you using with this phone?
    Transformer Book T100TA (T100TA-C1-GR,CPU:Baytrail Z3740 1.3Ghz,64GB,BIOS:313,WIN 8.1)
    Transformer Pad TF701t (K00C,CPU:Tegra 4 1.9Ghz,32GB,Android 4.4.2)
    Transform Pad TF103CE (CPU: Baytrail-T Z3745 1.33Ghz,16GB,Android 5.0)
    (4)MeMO Pad HD7 (ME173X/ME173L,CPU:MediaTek MT8125 1.2GHz,16/8GB,Android 4.2.2)
    Ultrabook 15.6 (N53SN,CPU:Core i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz,750GB,Win7 Ult 64bit)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Hmm. Sounds like an APN problem. Have tried to change the APN to something else for the carrier?

Also data service needs to be on for MMS. If you have data service blocked it won't work as well. MMS is a very poorly designed system.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads