Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    I see battery life is listed as "3 to 7 hours"

Boot time is one of the last things I would worry about.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    Did you actually watch the video...I watched very carefully
    #1. Unless it's edited it was only 20 second boot time which matches what's published (vs. Almost 40 seconds for old rk 3188)
    And that matters why? Most mobile devices boot very quickly, you'd either have a old device or something not very well optimized, or just using a really slow eMMC, to require much longer to boot these days... Boot times aren't really sped up by how fast the SoC is....

#2. It only glitches 1 time in the video where the tester had trouble getting the app to respond to screen taps.
    And that's just one of thousands of examples of when it would glitch... Sorry but it's a demonstration and of course they're trying to sell it to you... Real world though means you'll run into problems all too often... Even on the Samsung devices this is noted and again, this isn't a new feature! The reasons why it never really caught on remain!

#3. the WAY the multiwindow actually appeared to work and be used is TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN SAMSUNGS.... It played multiple Hi results videos at the same time with no hint of lag. The way you move, resize and close the multiwindow apps (with the dot in the center is all different compared to samsung. A basic question for anyone out there who watched the video and is interested. Do you think the video is a real representation of the tablets true performance or just fancy video edititing trickery of the tablet in action?
    PS. in response to zeos post the pipo sells for less than $300 and the Samsung more than $700. Is the extra screen space, spen, software and brand really worth almost $500 more?
    Again, Samsung is selling a much higher quality tablet... The pen alone is a premium feature that typically adds more than $100 to the price... It's a WACOM pen after all and it's even better optimized than on most PC tablets... Like usually the pen doesn't reach all the way to edge of the top and bottom but on the Samsung models it does!

Along with all the S-Pen optimized Apps Samsung provides too to make it even more useful...

So the Rockchip based Pipo is a low end tablet in comparison... Rockchip used to make PMP devices and thus they're good at things like optimizing for media but their chips usually don't perform as well at everything else... I've been following these companies for years... They have gotten better over time but they're still the low cost solution meant mainly for budget products... and no, this isn't the first seemingly interesting product they ever tried to push but again, it's old news and has been about a year for this product alone...

If it was really as impressive as it seemed in the video then it would already have been a success but the fact you're only hearing about it now shows it's not really a game changer....

Besides, you can enable multi-Windows in nearly any Android device without rooting... Again, it's an optional feature of Android but as described there are reasons why it never became a wide spread feature that was enabled by default...

The real problem is the lack of support in apps themselves and no one company is ever going to change that because it's the developers that have to do it and until they do it will be a limited option...

Btw, the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 starts at about $650 and the smaller models even less... Not more than $700!

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Note pro =$750-$850 (msrp)... Only because they can't sell at that price you will see it for $650...

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Note pro =$750-$850 (msrp)... Only because they can't sell at that price you will see it for $650...
    No, the prices always drop after initial release... and no, the note Pro is more than just one model! You;re ignoring all the others that are even cheaper!

Besides, most of those are intended to be sold by Carriers and Carriers often add a premium to the pricing if you don't get it with a contract... Direct to consumer range are usually noticeably cheaper... and Samsung does include their Tab Pros with this feature as well...

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    No, the prices always drop after initial release... and no, the note Pro is more than just one model! You;re ignoring all the others that are even cheaper!

Besides, most of those are intended to be sold by Carriers and Carriers often add a premium to the pricing if you don't get it with a contract... Direct to consumer range are usually noticeably cheaper... and Samsung does include their Tab Pros with this feature as well...
    HI Zeo not trying to argue just stating that note pro 12.2 wifi technically starts msrp $750. It no longer sells for that as I imagine not many folks want and can afford close to $1000 for a tablet even if it does have some free software and an S PEN. I have nothing against samsung but my personal leaning at this point is to consider the Pipo at close to $300.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    20 times
    HI Zeo not trying to argue just stating that note pro 12.2 wifi technically starts msrp $750. It no longer sells for that as I imagine not many folks want and can afford close to $1000 for a tablet even if it does have some free software and an S PEN. I have nothing against samsung but my personal leaning at this point is to consider the Pipo at close to $300.
    Hey let us know how the pipo works out!

I prefer spending my money on a tab that has great engineers working behind the scenes to resolve issues and readying future releases for the hardware. Then there is the fanatic community/xda/ transformerforums type community...... who do you think from xda will be supporting pipo? Good luck!

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WVUTampaAlum View Post
    Hey let us know how the pipo works out!

I prefer spending my money on a tab that has great engineers working behind the scenes to resolve issues and readying future releases for the hardware. Then there is the fanatic community/xda/ transformerforums type community...... who do you think from xda will be supporting pipo? Good luck!
    Well leaning towards it.. Waiting for it to be actually released and seeing actual reviews and pricing before. I DO ANYTHING. I sure am considering Tf701, pipo and XIAOMI mipad to replace my aging tf201.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    You do realize although it is smaller than your TF201 the Pipo P1 is thicker and weighs more?

Weight Pipo= 620g Prime=586g
    Thickness. Pipo=10.8mm. Prime=8.3mm

What about the screen? Prime has Gorilla Glass. What is the Pipo's?

The Pipo may never be released outside of China. Look into that if you are interested in these Chinese tablets. Also support will probably be nearly non-existent.

Asus has several tablets in the works--TF103, TF303, K014.
    Last edited by Swipe; 06-15-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Whats the k014 that one is new to me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links