*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Always connected since I tether using my cell phone. But I know that what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others.

Fred I didn't know that jailbreaking would prevent corporate email from working?
    Got it....Apple can work around any of its own self-imposed limits...for more cost... problems solved.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I totally agree with this assessment. The reason I'm on the Apple bandwagon is that I'm about apps and consistency and not necessarily eye candy of screen/icon layouts. I have the best of both worlds in my opinion since I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for widgets and theming, etc... and the iPad 4 for fluidity, consistency, and applications.

I know many here will argue that Android has just as good of apps as Apple has so again this is just my opinion and my experience.
    I think it depends on the app. Apple has some excellent stuff. I was concerned about that when I switched from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3. That having been said, I've had so many headaches disappear, as a result of ditching the iPhone, that I don't mind the lost apps. Most of the stuff I've lost access to is stuff I wasn't using much anyways.

And every time I can do something like hook my phone up to my PC, and use it as a virtual thumbdrive, it just reminds me of one of the many reasons it's superior. Same thing happened today.....I had a big file on my PC, a coworker needed it, nobody had a thumbdrive, so I plugged in my phone, swapped the files over, plugged my phone into his computer, offloaded the files, and done. Took a few moments. My coworker just looked at his iPhone 5, then at my phone, shook his head, and said "damned Android. Why'd I buy this iPhone?".

I know it's just one feature, but it's such a simple, yet critical thing.

He's already pissed every time he sees me type on SwiftKey, and he has to go back to his Apple keyboard.

Both systems have advantages. The Android phones are much better than they were even 18 months ago.

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Got it....Apple can work around any of its own self-imposed limits...for more cost... problems solved.
    Like I said, to each his/her own. I love my 1-2 punch of the iPad tablet and the Samsung phone. I think it gives me the best of both worlds.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PAB5204 View Post
    I think it depends on the app. Apple has some excellent stuff. I was concerned about that when I switched from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3. That having been said, I've had so many headaches disappear, as a result of ditching the iPhone, that I don't mind the lost apps. Most of the stuff I've lost access to is stuff I wasn't using much anyways.

And every time I can do something like hook my phone up to my PC, and use it as a virtual thumbdrive, it just reminds me of one of the many reasons it's superior. Same thing happened today.....I had a big file on my PC, a coworker needed it, nobody had a thumbdrive, so I plugged in my phone, swapped the files over, plugged my phone into his computer, offloaded the files, and done. Took a few moments. My coworker just looked at his iPhone 5, then at my phone, shook his head, and said "damned Android. Why'd I buy this iPhone?".

I know it's just one feature, but it's such a simple, yet critical thing.

He's already pissed every time he sees me type on SwiftKey, and he has to go back to his Apple keyboard.

Both systems have advantages. The Android phones are much better than they were even 18 months ago.

PAB5204
    I love my S3 phone and app wise I have no complaints on my phone. My complaint comes on tablet apps and for me IOS still has the tablet apps that keep me using an iPad.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links