Thread: Jelly Bean and Nexus Tablet rumored for Google I/O

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times

Jelly Bean and Nexus Tablet rumored for Google I/O

Well, we’ve been assuming for months that if Google is preparing a big reveal for the much-rumored Nexus Tablet, it would be at the company’s yearly developer conference, Google I/O. TechnoBuffalo is claiming information from an anonymous source (the best kind!) that says the tablet will absolutely show up at the conference, and as other rumors have indicated, ASUS will produce the hardware. New software is also rumored, though whether or not it’s Android 5.0 is still in question. Note that this comes just hours after DiGiTimes reported the same thing.

The source goes on to say that it is indeed a 7-inch tablet, lending even more credence to the idea that it’s a copied or reworked version of the $250 MeMO 370T. ASUS’ Tegra 3-powered budget machine has been conspicuously absent since its announcement earlier this year, and NVIDIA recently showed off plans to bring quad-core tablets (with a definite ASUS teaser image) to market at a price of $200.

What’s more interesting at this point is what software it’ll be running. The source was unclear on whether or not the “Nexus Tablet” would be running Jelly Bean, if in fact that is the next version of Android. Google will certainly have some new software to show off at Google I/O, but whether or not it’s ready for prime time is yet to be determined. An incremental update, say Android 4.1 or 4.5, seems more likely.

As always with news from unverified sources, treat this rumor as just that: rumor. We haven’t heard anything about a Nexus Tablet from a source that we’d consider 100% dependable yet. That said, we’re certainly hoping to see something in San Francisco in two months’ time, and hear about Google’s potential plans for expanding the Nexus program to as many as five manufacturers.

Story Timeline

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Wow, a $200 quad core. I like that they are trying to bring prices down on this stuff!
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Why pick Asus to build it since they have proven not to even be able to supply the few necessary to support sales for either the TF 101 or the TF 201? Are they expecting a miracle this time around? Surely a $200 quad core is gonna push some sales and with the Padfone, TF 300, and TF 700, something's not gonna flow!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    I thought about this in another thread. The reason they may have had time with sales support on the TF201 could have been because they were working on the Google Nexus Tablet. It was just a thought though.
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    I read that Google will add 3 more manufacturing partners as they expect huge sales for the nTab

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I read that Google will add 3 more manufacturing partners as they expect huge sales for the nTab
    Scary cause now we'll be trying to figure out not only is it a B40 or B50 model but which plant did it come from! Well maybe quality will be consistently great across the board and it won't matter. Oh it's still hot in hell sorry!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Scary cause now we'll be trying to figure out not only is it a B40 or B50 model but which plant did it come from! Well maybe quality will be consistently great across the board and it won't matter. Oh it's still hot in hell sorry!
    Admit it Mickey.. it's more fun here than on the Apple forums.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    S. Oh it's still hot in hell sorry!
    Mickey... how do you know it's hot in hell.... was it posted here??

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Wow, where is all the flaming coming from?!?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    You guys don't know the old saying... "It'll be a cold day in hell"? That's what I was referencing above. So if Google uses 3-4 different manufacturers to produce the 1 tablet there is going to be a quality difference in the tablets just based upon who the manufacturer was.
    Current Devices:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links