Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Asus Transformer vs Acer A500

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Transformer vs Acer A500

So I've had experience of both tablets, and I have to say the Acer wins on most counts.

So the areas the Asus wins:

Screen: just about- Technically the screen is better on the Asus, bot not noticeably.
    Battery: just about- 1 hour doesn't mean much here.
    Weight: just about- it is definitely lighter without the base
    MiniHDMI: just about- it's harder to find micro HDMI which the ACER uses.
    USB: charging- just about- technically you can only trickle charge with USB slots which aren't the official Asus power adaptor.

Critical advantage of the Asus: the keyboard, battery, docking station. This is a blinder and really ramps up plenty of advantages, but it's hard to find, and it kinda makes the Asus a killer netbook, not a killer tablet. Good for some.

The minuses of the Asus:

Sharp edges: I find holding the Asus is a little harsh on my hands, especially compared with the round edges of the Acer.

Memory stick slot: the Acer protects the memory stick, on the Asus it can get bumped easily and it flies far when you unpin it.

The case: the case tends to creak and make some weird noises. The Acer has a more solid feel.

Length: I find the asus slightly too long in portrait mode. The Acer is shorter by a half inch and a little wider.. giving it more appeal in portrait mode.

Pluses only on the Acer:

built in USB to the tablet (making it thicker, but also more comfortable in the hand)

fast charging time on the power adaptor (negative is that you can't charge the ACER via usb.)

I'm happy with my Asus, but it's a close call, and the base won the argument for me, since I wanted a netbook replacement, but since I couldn't get the base, I have found I probably don't even need it!

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    That's a pretty nice write-up. The main reason I got the Asus was the fact that it was cheaper and also had the dock. Plus, usually Asus products are better than Acer products, at least in my opinion.
    cucabueno likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    how is the acer compare to asus on performance? lags more on one then the other? I can type pretty fast with my iPad so i come to realize that i probably dont need a keyboard, maybe. I want the asus cuz its such a hypebeast. LOL The acer is 50 buck more =/

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Asus Transformer vs Acer A500

Great thread and excellent work on the comparison. I have seen the Docking station for $119 but it is now out of stock of course! I sure hope the factory that makes these is able to get production up from the 10,000 a month to the goal of 300,000 a month, I believe they would easily sell out with that production.
    Lamtutu likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im looking into getting one of these at best buy. should i wait till the asus is instock or should i go get the Acer?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    anyone knows the answer to my question?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    From what I hear, they're very similar. I guess that's too be expected with pretty much the same hardware and pretty much the same software though. I wish it was the Acer that was scarce and the Asus that you could go pick up at the store with no problems. If that were so, I would be so much happier right now!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    why would the acer be 50 bucks more? i guess it will drop once the asus production ramp up.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Well it's got an aluminum back and a usb port on the actual tablet so that's probably why.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    im so tempted to get the acer. LOL but i dont want to rush into this since i havent gotten the chance to touch the transformer yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links