Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By drocdoc
  • 2 Post By frenziedfemale
  • 1 Post By eejit

Thread: I officially had a great experience with Asus RMA!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    2 times

Cool I officially had a great experience with Asus RMA!!

The volume on my Vivo RT was extremely low compared to my phone and other tablets. So I did some searching around the web and found out that other users using the tegra 3 processor in their windows 8 tablets (surface rt) had similar issues heres a link Microsoft aware of Surface RT audio issue, NVIDIA Tegra Audio Topology Filter to blame | WinBeta So I decided to mess around with the drivers and while I was uninstalling the audio drivers my tablet became really hot and the speakers made a crackling noise. I immediately begin to reinstall all the drivers and restart my tablet but I noticed that my right speaker wasn't producing any sound. I let it sit powered off over night still no sound in the right speaker, then I did a full reset by reinstalling windows no luck. I decided to send the tablet off to Asus for an RMA. Talked to customer service and 3 minutes later a RMA was created. I shipped the Tablet off April 1st through usps priority mail 2-day and Asus Grapevine ,tx facility received it April 5th according to my repair status. During that time I decided to visit a variety of forums about Asus RMA process and to my surprise it seemed like everyone had trouble with their rma with asus horror story after horror story. I checked the repair status 3-4 times a day and on April 8th in the afternoon it was changed to "product is being repaired." Later on that day around 6pm the repair status changed to "Product was repaired OK and is now packed ready for shipping or pick up." so im expecting my tablet to arrive some time later this week I'll give an update with photos once it has arrived.So far so good with asus

**UPDATE** My vivo tab rt just came back from FEDEX. It took exactly 11 days to ship and receive my tablet back from an RMA. here's how it came packagedIMG_0323[1].JPGIMG_0324[1].JPGIMG_0325[1].JPG

But as I was inspecting my vivo tab I noticed a chip right above my headphone jack. One of asus technicians might of pried the tablet open with too much force. It wasn't like that when I sent it in but I bought this tablet used and had no idea whether it was covered under warranty. So I won't send it back for another two weeks just for that.IMG_0331[1].JPG
    Last edited by drocdoc; 04-11-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    eejit and frenziedfemale like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Thanks for sharing! One of the reasons there are so many "horror stories" about the RMA process is because people like you who have good experiences don't normally post online about them. Always nice to hear about a good experience.
    drocdoc and eejit like this.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times

...nail, meet hammer.
    Thanks for taking the time to post droc - goodluck with the repaired the rig, Cheers!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links