Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Need help!!!!! Please!!!!

I just bought a Asus TF600T Tablet PC (off of EBay) and the unit is working good but I didn't do my research and I thought it was a Android device not realizing it evidently is a windows one. I had a TF101 which I loved but it got stolen after a home break-in and I was in a hurry to replace it. I wouldn't mind keeping it if I could get Google Play on it and did some research and found that you can use the Bluestack App Player and be able to play android games on it but I cannot get the player to download onto the tablet. It says that won't download onto my tablet so can anyone direct me to a place that I can download this player and get Google Play up and running on this tablet? I certainly would be a very happy person if I could do this. If I can't I will have to try and resell it and buy a Android like I thought I was doing!! Hahahaha, the funny part is that I thought all Asus tablets were android!!! *Duh* I guess I will start paying closer attention at what is going on instead of living in the dark!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Unfortunately the RT version of Windows8 is pretty limited to what you can install. Unlike the full version, many desktop programs are not supported. I do not own this tablet so can not offer any advise on how you could circumvent this, maybe others can. I do think you may be out of luck though.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    You could check the XDA Developers Forum, they've done things like Jailbreak the Windows tablets, though make sure you don't upgrade to 8.1 when it comes out officially in October as the Jailbreak won't work on that version and they're still a long way off from updating the Jailbreak.

Personally, I'd just see about selling it to someone else on eBay and then get what you really want... though, it's not exactly a popular model and may be a hard sell...

Btw, for Asus the Vivo Tab series are the Windows tablets... Though Asus is expanding on that now as the upcoming Asus Transformer Book T100 will also be a Windows tablet but it's targeted like a netbook replacement and comes standard with the Keyboard dock and will be running on the next gen Bay Trail ATOM... but all the other Transformer models are presently Android only...

While the other thing you may want to check is whether a particular model is running on ARM SoC or Intel ATOM... Since Asus has released a few Android devices that are running on Intel ATOM instead of ARM SoC... Still useful either way but Android app support isn't yet 100% for the x86 SoCs...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links