Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab RT 3G
    Liked
    0 times

Can Anyone help with Asus Vivo Tab Problem or I am ready to hit it with a hammer!

So regret buying asus and will never do so again but now I am stuck with the asus vivo tab TF600T. Had bought one orginally and had so many problems with it that I had 4 RMAs the first 8 months. It was broken more than it was fixed. Asus finally ended up offering me a refurbished one to replace which I would not accept. they then told me that they would give me a new one and sent me the one I presently have. I trust that it was new and not refurbished but who really knows. this one worked fine for the first 3 months with the occasional system crash and error message but nothing to often to be concerned about. then after three months crashes became more often and eventually daily occurrences. Now yesterday the tablet crashed and I keep getting the same message: preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes blue and the error message reads: your pc ran into a problem and needs to shut down comes up and then it starts into an endless loop between the start up screen iwth the "preparing automatic repair" message and the blue screen with the error message.

Anyone else have this problem? Asus says it is over 90 days since I've had this replacement one so I have to pay for shipping it out and also for the repair. Support told me to try to fix the problem by resetting it with a paper clip but that did nothing. Any other ideas?

At this point I dont know if I should bother paying to fix a product that will probably break down in 3 months again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab RT 3G
    Liked
    0 times
    Just an added note: It now is permanently blue screen and the error message has the added sentence: If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: Reference_BY_POINTER

Guess this one is complicated and I need to send it in.

dvdcatalyst
    Hi Julisas,

Welcome to the forums.

I don't have a Vivotab myself (I do have a Surface RT), and your problem could have been caused by a recent win 8.1 update. Looking on the web, there are a few people who run into major issues after doing the update.
    I looked on some sales-sites (newegg and amazon), and while there are some issues with it, I didn't see anything that resembled yours.

The "Reference_BY_POINTER" error can mean multiple things.

technical:
    http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000018
    which describes a driver-issue.

I found a reference to the error in regards of a non-mountable encrypted drive on a norton forum.

Both of those make me guess that there is an issue with either the ssd or the internal memory of the tablet.

Paying to fix it would likely run you $100+, which will result in a low-quality tablet that works, and with the tablet selling for $300 or so, I don't think it is worth the hassle.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab RT 3G
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you for the welcome. I ended up bringing in my asus vivotab in myself since the place they told me to ship it to for the rma was just around the corner from my work. I just heard back from asus and I am so disappointed with this company! This is my second tablet from them. I bought the first one christmas 2012 and by february 2013 i was having problems with the touchscreen being unresponsive and the screen jumping and zooming in and out. Asus set up an RMA and it was sent back for repair. I got that one back but the problem was still there they failed to repair it so another RMA was issued and back it went again. This time when I got it back it worked for about 2 weeks and then the system performed an automatic update and the screen jumping started again. Another RMA was issued and it was sent in again to Asus for repair. By the end of May I heard back from Asus that they were unable to fix the tablet and that it was defective. They offered me a refurbished tablet but I refused since I had gone through so much hassle and did not want another lemon. They finally agreed to send me a new tablet which I got at the end of June. The tablet worked fine up until January 2014 when it started occasionally crashing and needing to repair itself. The problem become more common until it died on me at the start of March. I just heard back from Asus and they told me that this replacement tablet is not under warranty and that the problem is a defective mainboard. They are asking for $329.96 to repair it and need an answer in 48 hours or they will send it back to me broken. Are they mad??? The first one was defective so they replaced it with another one that ends up being defective and dies on me 8 months later. And now they want over $300 to repair a tablet that will just end up being defective again in a few months. They made the defective products why should the customers have to pay for their mistakes. I would never buy their products again. They obviously dont care about their customers and they dont stand by their products.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    I personally have had nothing but problems with Asus as well as the company who sold it to me (Scorptec Computers).

Our company purchased 10 Asus VivoTab ME400C devices, and I have had 3 replacements for DOA or faulty devices within a week or two, which were replaced. Our major problems came after the two weeks where we began having reoccurring issues on all of the devices. Most were running flat even when plugged in with the original charger (I have attached a picture). The other major problem was the poor microHDMI port design - they are quite flimsy and therefore the plugs become damaged quite quickly. We used all 10 of these on desks plugged in, so when Asus told us that they broke because we damaged them I was amazed! Some only a month or two after purchasing them.... Asus have told me that it is not a reoccurring issue!

Not sure if it was the computer store or Asus who were more unhelpful, but it takes over a month to get a resolution on every RMA. Computer shop refuses to issue a refund, but have to replace the motherboard of each device as a 'precautionary measure'.

I wouldn't purchase anything from either ever again. We have moved over to Lenovo Yoga 2 which run like a dream

IMG_2502.JPG
    Last edited by shane0450; 11-03-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links