Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times

Media Streaming issues w/Vivo Tab ME400c?

Hello,

Since buying my new Vivo Tab ME400c a couple of weeks ago, I've notice it doesn't seem to stream video very well. Particularly anything from youtube - whether on the site or an embedded youtube video. It seems to do better -- on average -- with other videos from non-youtube sources. This is anecdotal as I haven't done any official, controlled testing but, in a side by side w/my wife's first gen ipad, it played the same video far more smoothly than my vivo tab. And in general, it is rare I can stream any video w/o significant stoppage for the video to catch up as it were. I have a 5mb cable connection so that should be plenty fast enough to stream a 80 or 720 stream but it generally doesn't turn out that way.
    I've tried a couple of different modern youtube players, modern IE and desktop IE but this doesn't seem to make a difference. The table apparently did a an ASUS update the first time I powered it up and hooked up to a network but I nothing since then. I don't know if it's a windows 8 issue, an ASUS issue (I've heard others say they have bad I/O) or something else. Would be nice to know if there's anything I can do to make the situation better. Generally enjoying Win8 on a tab overall and am looking forward to MS continuing to grow Win 8 as a touch experience.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Well, you're using full Windows 8 with the Vivo Tab Smart... So you can install another browser besides IE... You can also check if you're fully updated, especially the Flash Player... Make sure youtube is on the whitelist/blacklist, Windows 8 Modern UI started out only authorizing approved sites for Flash to work...

[HACK] Flash on Any Website in IE10 Metro Browser [WIN 8 & WIN RT] - xda-developers

While your cable connection may be plenty fast, but that doesn't necessarily mean the tablet is connecting well... So also double check your network connections and you can try reseting it up to make sure it's not a network issue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    I can try another browser but, given I see the same problem in my dedicated you tube player, I don’t think that will make a difference. In terms of network connection, my signal strength seems to be good; if my wireless indicator is accurate anyway. Interestingly, I was able to watch several videos from Guitar Interactive with no problem last night but couldn’t watch videos from the Denver Broncos website without constant small hitches in playback.

BTW - It's perversely ironic the keyboard on my tab won't work w/these forums and I have to use my desktop to actually enter a reply or new post. That's just beyond sad.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, it looks like the problem has turned out to be related to my Bluetooth headset for some reason. Whenever I have it connected - it's the LG HBS700 -- it seems to slow down my ability to stream any video to pretty much 144kb and even that can be choppy. Once I disconnect it - or if I watch videos with my wired headphones -- it seems to stream up to 720p with no real problems. So, the question is, how do I fix this? I'm assuming this is related to the Bluetooth stack Asus uses and that needs to be updated or fixed somehow?

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Bluetooth has been known to degrade WiFi signal strength in close proximity because they're both using 2.4GHz range... especially, if the setup uses the same chip for both Bluetooth and WiFi, as well as sharing the same antenna or at least the two antennas are very close to each other... If you Google something like "bluetooth slow wifi", you'll see that all kinds of phones, tablets and computers have this problem... Some more than others...

Problem was bad in the early Bluetooth days but it's suppose to have improved with newer devices... you just need a headset based on the newer specifications, which is just hard to find out... but otherwise, there isn't much you can do except change your WiFi setup to dual band and connect over 5GHz to avoid interference... Don't know the your model supports that but you can always add a WiFi USB dongle... but of course your router/hotspot needs to support it too... though, USB Ethernet would also be a solution but means being connected by a cable...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links