Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times

VivoTab Smart touchscreen click issue

So I just got this guy from retail edge and decided to install steam. One problem. Every game has a delayed click. Say I want to click the start button. I need to click to move the mouse and then click again to actually select. Then if I need to select something else, it clicks in the last position and then moves. Basically doing the actions out of order. This only seems to happen in games so far.

Anyone else experience this? Any fixes?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    So this only happens in-game and not while browsing around Steam? Which games are you playing? While its compatible, I don't know if the clover trail-based Atom processors will work well with a lot of games on Steam. I am having a hard time trying to picture what is going on with the mouse clicks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    So I just got this guy from retail edge and decided to install steam. One problem. Every game has a delayed click. Say I want to click the start button. I need to click to move the mouse and then click again to actually select. Then if I need to select something else, it clicks in the last position and then moves. Basically doing the actions out of order. This only seems to happen in games so far.

Anyone else experience this? Any fixes?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    While browsing, its fine. So far this has only been in games. All games that I can start with mouse only. Some, like FTL, dont work at all full screen, the mouse just scrolls along the perimeter. Waiting on the stupidly hard and too expensive keyboard to see about other games. Very simple games and the atom has no issue with them. Havent found a bt mouse yet to try it with.

The mouse is basically lagging behind. So if I have button a and b with the mouse (C, * for click) in the middle, like so:
    Code:
     -----------                   --------
    |       A      |        C       |     B    |
    Now I want to click on A, o I tap the screen at A
    Code:
    |       C     |        *       |     B    |
    So now the mouse pointer is at A, but the button A was not clicked. The click occurred where the mouse pointer was last. So now I click again on A.
    Code:
    |       *      |                 |     B    |
    But now I want to click B.
    Code:
    |       *      |                 |     C    |
    A was clicked again! Mouse cursor move to B. Now to click B I touch it again.
    Code:
    |       A      |                 |     *    |
    But now A has been clicked twice! See the issue? Mouse clicks before it moves, thus causing a pain where I need to think about the touch aspect of the screen differently, also making it useless.

If this doesnt help, I can try and get video.

Does the vivotab support USB devices over the micro usb port?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    You would need an OTG micro-USB to USB adapter to add peripherals to the Vivo Tab. I kind of see what is going on here. If you can, test it with a BT mouse to see if it behaves the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    While browsing, its fine. So far this has only been in games. All games that I can start with mouse only. Some, like FTL, dont work at all full screen, the mouse just scrolls along the perimeter. Waiting on the stupidly hard and too expensive keyboard to see about other games. Very simple games and the atom has no issue with them. Havent found a bt mouse yet to try it with.

The mouse is basically lagging behind. So if I have button a and b with the mouse (C, * for click) in the middle, like so:
    Code:
    |       A      |        C       |     B    |
    Now I want to click on A, o I tap the screen at A
    Code:
    |       C     |        *       |     B    |
    So now the mouse pointer is at A, but the button A was not clicked. The click occurred where the mouse pointer was last. So now I click again on A.
    Code:
    |       *      |                 |     B    |
    But now I want to click B.
    Code:
    |       *      |                 |     C    |
    A was clicked again! Mouse cursor move to B. Now to click B I touch it again.
    Code:
    |       A      |                 |     *    |
    But now A has been clicked twice! See the issue? Mouse clicks before it moves, thus causing a pain where I need to think about the touch aspect of the screen differently, also making it useless.

If this doesnt help, I can try and get video.

Does the vivotab support USB devices over the micro usb port?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Tried a BT mouse at a store. No problem. Got my keyboard day after, no problem (other than the trackpad being semi-bad, buttons should be separate!). KB solves a lot of issues as the touchscreen keyboard is super useless in a lot of apps. They just will not accept that input. Basically anything desktop does not work well. I blame both MS and the developers of the progs I am using. The latter just does not expect touch input and outside of the modern UI, MS has terrible support for it. Not an issue with the tablet itself, just MS/Win8.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

(First of all, apologies for my poor english :-P)

I am experiencing the same issue with my VivoTab TF810 in games (also FTL via Steam by the way). It seems the touchscreen and the stylus are not behaving as I expected, like a mouse, in games. The trackpad is not concerned.

In most games, I need to double-click/tap each button while I would just need to do a single-click with the mouse. (e.g. Caesar III and Gratuitous Space battles).

Games not using the native resolution are not stretched on the screen. That's not a big deal, but when tapping somewhere, it clicks on the wrong location. Also, when hovering the stylus on the screen, there is an offset between its tip and the mouse pointer (e.g. Theme Hospital).

Touchscreen and stylus are usable in most (if not all) windows applications. Espacially the stylus can work as a mouse, allowing to point without clicking if we go near the surface (OK I don't expect it to work with FPS games though). If I can click on a button in any application, why can't I do it in those games ? Maybe because of DirectX ? Is there a way for the touchscreen and stylus to fool them (let's call them "them"), telling them "Hello, I'm a mouse, do not pay attention, I just want to click here".

I don't know if it is the right place to complain about this, if there are some Asus employees on this forum that can help, but I found the post really close to my problem and it doesn't seems to have a lot of people tearing their hairs out in this area for now. I you want to join the club, you're welcome. And if you have a start of a solution, there is a place for you in the board of directors.

Kind regards,

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links