Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Vivo Tab RT Screen flashing randomly, very annoying! Help plz

I got My Vivo Tab RT For about 3 months now, however, last week it offered alot of updates, one of them was a firmware update. Since i Installed these updates the screen flashes randomly, which makes it very annoying to use! It's not flashing constantly or something but just randomly, specially when the screen is not Being touched. It's very weird, sometimes It's gone For few minutes (specially when typing or when the screen is touched constantly), but For example when you stop typing and wait like 5-10 seconds the screens flashes black! It's like a black blink, not like the screen brightness adjusting but rally a black flash :s i can't explain It in another wat :/ i checked if i could restore to Bedford these updates but It seems that's not possible :/ van somebody help me or tel me wat to do? Thanks already! Sorry For My bad English

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same thing happening with our vivo rt tab. I talk with online support and all i got from that was do a hard factory reset(which i said we did already).and didnt seem to help at all. seems to have just happened since this last asus update. so if the reset didnt work we would have to send it out for warranty work....not good for only being three weeks old

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok i did a factory restore and installed all the optional updates except the firmware update and it's fixed! So just disable auto updating after the factory restore, and DON'T install the firmware update, worked for me.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Mack12 -please do a complete factory reset on the device. If the update is what caused it, your display should not behave this way anymore after a reset. You can find the reset option from your PC Settings under the General tab, towards the bottom. After updating, turn OFF automatic updates and choose to allow only the important updates.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Mack12 -please do a complete factory reset on the device. If the update is what caused it, your display should not behave this way anymore after a reset. You can find the reset option from your PC Settings under the General tab, towards the bottom. After updating, turn OFF automatic updates and choose to allow only the important updates.
    Hello, I have a similar problem after the update on my VIVO RT. How can one turn off the automatic updates? I always thought that is impossible with RT? PLMK and many Thanks since I would really like to stick with this tablet, but the flashing screen is just annoying and I would really like to have the important updates on my tablet.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusPeres View Post
    Hello, I have a similar problem after the update on my VIVO RT. How can one turn off the automatic updates? I always thought that is impossible with RT? PLMK and many Thanks since I would really like to stick with this tablet, but the flashing screen is just annoying and I would really like to have the important updates on my tablet.
    To turn off automatic updates on the RT, you have to do so from the registry. Go in there and look for:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update and then modify the binary value called - AUOptions

The default value should be 4. Change the number to 1 or 0. I used 1, but either will work. If you are not comfortable editing the reg., I would not recommend doing this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    To turn off automatic updates on the RT, you have to do so from the registry. Go in there and look for:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update and then modify the binary value called - AUOptions

The default value should be 4. Change the number to 1 or 0. I used 1, but either will work. If you are not comfortable editing the reg., I would not recommend doing this.
    I was forced to install the firmware update when upgrading to RT 8.1 which I had to do in order to use certain apps. Is there a way to disable the firmware update post RT 8.1 upgrade? I thought that maybe the flashing screen issue would be fixed with 8.1 but its not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys, the problem looked to me to be something to do with the touch screen and not software.

It was as if a finger was just edge wiping up and down the RHS and dragging the image around.
    If I turned vivo on its side or upside down the jitter stopped after the screen rotated itself.

I removed the sticker on the RHS of screen and the problem hasn't returned again.
    Mine had a 'thin,light on the go' etc sticker down the RHS of the screen. This was perhaps interferring with the touch screen function so that the screen thought the sticker was a finger on the edge.

Worth a try removing any of this promotional stickerage. Also check the screen is clean around the edges. Don't handle it with wet hands or food on hands.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi

now my Screen has started to Flash regularly. it is like my Screen is running not at 60 Hz. It is looking like an old CRT Monitor with ist flickering.

I will send it back (again) to Asus for RMA, but if I get another Problem i will try to get my Money back. This device seems to be crappy like hell.
    I am totally pissed, as I bought it to be productive. I am currently writing my Master Thesis and will not spend one second of my valuable time Fixing crappy and faulty products.

This is very annoying! Windows RT is a very nice OS and the tablet itself is one of the best i ever had because of its low weight, great Screen and so on...

But this is very frustrating!!

PS: plz dont recommend to reset Windows or other things. I have done this when i had other Problems and spent too much of my time with such things.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links