Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    0 times

TF810 - noticed issues that I cant resolve :-(

As awesome as it (TF810) is it has its weak points, mainly (IMHO) due to bugs in the system itself and poor support form Asus.

My issues:

1. Sleep/hibernate - most of the time 9 out of 10 time - my TF810 just hangs and does not want to wake up.
    If I pres Win button on tablet I do get vibration but nothing else happens. I have to press & hold power button for few seconds. After that I got to do it again, but this time it vibrates and starts to boot from scratch.

2. Dock does not seem to be actually charging tablet. I left the two connected for 1 night (unplugged) with tablet and when I woke up in the morning (TF810 was not shut down prev. evening) what I found is this:
    so it seems that during night nothing happened

3. Few times so far when dock and station were connected I have lost ability to use cursor and touch pad.

4. one time so far (I had to use restore point) I have lost touch gestures on the tablet. Touch itself was working - I could move Modern UI screen, start apps. But I could not close any of them with touch or get Charm bar up swiping from the right.

Did anyone else had similar problems?

One more thing:
    If I would have to reinstall Windows 8 on this device from scratch - how do I do it?
    I have not noticed any Win8 activation/serial key.

I have noticed that there is a hidden partition (actually there is few of them) on the C: drive - if I would have to start W8 from one of them - how?

Lastly...

I suppose that with limited space on this device it would be best if I could backup (what is important from those hidden partitions on cloud/nas drive) in case I will need it in future. This way I could get this space back and if needed, load backed up stuff to USB stick/micro sd card and restore form there,
    Does any one knows step by step guide - since it is expensive device and Asus support is shy (to say the least) I would love to make sure I do not f..up something...

Best regards,
    galtom

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by galtom View Post
    As awesome as it (TF810) is it has its weak points, mainly (IMHO) due to bugs in the system itself and poor support form Asus.
    My issues:

1. Sleep/hibernate - most of the time 9 out of 10 time - my TF810 just hangs and does not want to wake up.
    If I pres Win button on tablet I do get vibration but nothing else happens. I have to press & hold power button for few seconds. After that I got to do it again, but this time it vibrates and starts to boot from scratch.

Hello,
    I purchase ASUS TF810 with dock 3 weeks ago. As of end August 2013. I am still experiencing same issue. My TF810 is supposed to be ASUS-LiveUpdated. So last drivers ... ???
    Did U find an effective fix for this issue ? Thank Best rgds
    Last edited by janner43; 08-31-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Fixed missing quote tag

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    0 times
    In my case what has finally helped was complete reinstallation of Windows 8. After that, first thing I did was updating all drivers.
    At this point I can not say if I did it manually or by live update (starting with update of Live Up first).

My TF810c showed new faults :-(
    Right now it is 4 months since I send my Asus for repair :-( {edit}

What I have learned also is that this is last Asus I ever bought. At the bottom of article there is comment from Asus Poland, stating that ALL mechanical faults (including hinges!!!!!) are not covered by warranty.
    Considering that hinge on laptop/hybrid can only develop mechanical fault it means that customer is always screwed (Thanks Asus)!!!

At the moment (I have reported faults to the shop not to Asus directly) I was forced to find a lawyer, because hinge was fixed only partially and screen is more {edit} than it was.

WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ASUS AGAIN!!!! :-( (So much trouble for over $1260.00 - can you believe that???)
    Last edited by janner43; 08-31-2013 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Forum guidelines
    Kind regards,
    Galtom

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I'm sorry Galtom, but I have needed to do a couple of edits on your post - one for a foreign language link & another for language that breaks our "family friendly" policy.

Sorry about that, because it sounds like you have had quite a roller-coaster ride - but we have forum guidelines that we need to follow.

I hope your story ends up with a happy ending...
    Last edited by janner43; 08-31-2013 at 05:38 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Same Problem here. I have opened a thread on the wakeup problem by my own but did not get a single response. I guess the only way to get some attention here is to be non "family friendly".

I have also opened a support call with ASUS and the only advice so far...guess what? Yes, resetting the OS. I have done this two times without any effect.

The drivers for the transformer are obviously not well tested. I am quite surprised tough why they have not been updated since April (2.03). Does ASUS have any plans of releasing new drivers or did they have already abandoned the TF810C and their customers?

Can anybody give some real advice here? Are there any Beta drivers that might work better?

Thanks,
    Raimund

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links