Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times

Vivo RT USB recovery image for download

Hi guys!

I had a major crash in my Vivo RT (doesn't matter why: I really screwed it up) and I can't restart it anymore. I keep getting to this blue screen that says that the only way out is to get an instalation USB or CD to recover windows system. And the problem is: I haven't created a recovery USB to my tablet. I tried to contact Asus directly but I didn't get any answer.

Is anyone here able to make an image of the USB recovery software so I could download it and try to make it work again? (I don't know if I'm asking too much, but I'm desperate)

Thanks a lot guys!

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Welcome to the Forum. Not a pretty picture.. Have you checked the Asus Support Site? Perhaps they have it posted as I would think this will happen often.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    drocdoc likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Jeffrey!

Thanks for your answer!

As I said, I have tried to contact Asus and visited their website looking for the recovery software, but I had no answer so far (and it's been weeks) and didn't find it in their website. I have also been to XDA Developers a few weeks ago and downloaded the recovery files in the thred you mentioned, but they didn't work in my VivoTab (I believe those files are from a Surface and that may be the reason it didn't work).

That's why I started this thread (after not finding any similar thread in this forum). This problem's been a nightmare to me and it's specially hard to get any support since I'm from Brazil and VivoTab RT has not been released here yet (actually, the very first tablets with Windows RT have started being sold a few days ago)

I know it may look that I'm just a noob with a terrible english trying to get an easy answer for a problem in the first forum he found but, believe me: I have been trying to solve this problem for quite a while and I can't get any solution (or use my new tablet at all) =(

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

Can you pls send another link. The link which you have given is not available anymore.
    Am having serious problems with my Vivo tab RT amd am starting to hate Asus for such a stupid incompetent product.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    There is a hidden recovery partition in the VivoTab RT that the tablet uses to restore the tablet every time you do a factory reset. If something happened and the o/s cannot load, Windows RT should be able to repair and restore your tablet back to factory condition if needed, using this partition. Unlike a computer using regular Windows, the RT cannot restore your device like a laptop traditionally would be able to (restore points). Think of it like Android or IOS. You can create a bootable recovery drive with a USB stick by copying the partition over.

Anyways, try here: Asus Vivo RT recovery files - xda-developers. Someone posted up the files a few months ago, but I'm not sure if the link is still up and running. If anything, you can ask the OP on that thread to host it again or send to your directly.

If all else fails, contact Asus for an RMA because the files are not made availble on our support site. Only the repair center can reinstall the o/s for you.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    This wont help if there is a problem with the ASUS system update to the ROM. That doesnt get reset to factory at all.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    2 times
    Brilliant, I had no idea the recovery files were out there! Still tempted to make Asus actually fix mine, they owe me a working device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem now. Is there any real solution for this problem ( the only way out is to get an instalation USB or CD to recover windows system ) does anyone trued the recovery that posted above in the link?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    2 times
    I downloaded the file however had another failure of my device so sent it back to Asus to fix and reimage, hopefully for the last time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links