Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times

power switch bug

I'm having issues with the power button. Seems to be a bug when turning on.

I can turn on, login and use the UI with no issues.

I press the power button, briefly, and unit turns off, presumably to a sleep mode.

I press power button again, and the start screen appears so I swipe up. The UI is back where I left it. There was no need to login. Fine, just what I expect.

If I press power again, also briefly, and put to 'sleep' again, but now leave it for a while...
    Press power button to turn on, and no response.

How long should the power button press be for a normal turn on? <1s, 1-2s, >8s ????

I press power button for >8s. No response. Press button again briefly, responds with buzz and UI starts up. Shows a cold start turn on, i.e. black screen with ASUS logo and message. Takes 10s to power up, but also shows an error message to send details to MS. The UI resumes back where it had been left. i.e. it is not a real cold start, but has resumed where left.

This is driving us crazy. Really frustrating to not know if pressing the power button is working or not, and then having to wait best part of one minute to get back to where it had been left.

Any comments on resolving this?

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Not sure why the quick press isn't waking the device after leaving it for awhile.
    The 8s press is used to reset if the tablet becomes unresponsive (or at least thats what the manual reports.)
    Page 15- Press the power button to turn your Tablet PC on, put it to sleep or hibernate and
    wake it up from sleep or hibernate mode. Press and hold the power button for about (8) seconds
    to force shutdown your Tablet PC when it becomes unresponsive.

Perhaps sleep + hibernate are two different things and it's going into hibernate when you 'leave it for awhile'?
    Maybe there is something in your power saving/battery saving options to adjust this - how long before
    going into hibernation where the 1s press can't immediately wake the device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eejit View Post
    Not sure why the quick press isn't waking the device after leaving it for awhile.
    The 8s press is used to reset if the tablet becomes unresponsive (or at least thats what the manual reports.)
    Page 15- Press the power button to turn your Tablet PC on, put it to sleep or hibernate and
    wake it up from sleep or hibernate mode. Press and hold the power button for about (8) seconds
    to force shutdown your Tablet PC when it becomes unresponsive.

Perhaps sleep + hibernate are two different things and it's going into hibernate when you 'leave it for awhile'?
    Maybe there is something in your power saving/battery saving options to adjust this - how long before
    going into hibernation where the 1s press can't immediately wake the device.

There is a definite bug. On every occasion that the tab is off and requiring password login it needs a long press for 8s then a 1s press. It reports an error and has a bug report for sending back to MS

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links