Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times

VivoTab tf810c Touch Keyboard NOT Opening Automatically

im wondering if anyone else with a vivotab tf810c or even another tablet running a full version of windows 8 is experiencing this same issue.. because its gotta be one of 3 three things.. either its a problem with windows 8 itself, or caused by something installed by ASUS ontop of the OS before distribution, or for some reason just an isolated issue with my tablet (although its definitely nothing i did to it because i have since reinstalled the OS to factory defaults, and the issue persists)..
    Basically whats going on is (and im referring to when using the tablet by itself, outside of the dock) with every other touch screen device on the market, when you touch in an area where you are going to be entering text, the touch keyboard comes up automatically. And from what i have read, this is supposed to be the case with windows 8 touch screen devices as well. However, this does not happen with my vivotab. when i touch an area that i will be entering text, the cursor starts blinking there, but the touch keyboard does not open. I have to then manually open the touch keyboard myself every time.
    And i dont think there are any normal settings that would control this. the only setting i found related to it was buried deep within the system configuration settings, and even then it seemed to already be set to open automatically.

anyways, if anyone has some insight, or input of any kind about this, it would be greatly appreciated.. so far this is the only thing that has been bugging me, otherwise the tablet is simply AMAZING!!

DLuke

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Windows 8... The Modern UI should have the keyboard come up automatically (mind this behavior should get disabled if you have a physical keyboard connected) but the desktop still requires you to bring it up... Though you can enable the shortcut icon in the taskbar to make that part easy.

Ease of Access also has option to open the OSK every time you turn on the system...

It's one of the strange things MS did with Windows 8, but they're trying to promote the Modern UI side right now and may properly enable the OSK in the desktop later...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    Windows 8... The Modern UI should have the keyboard come up automatically (mind this behavior should get disabled if you have a physical keyboard connected) but the desktop still requires you to bring it up... Though you can enable the shortcut icon in the taskbar to make that part easy.

Ease of Access also has option to open the OSK every time you turn on the system...

It's one of the strange things MS did with Windows 8, but they're trying to promote the Modern UI side right now and may properly enable the OSK in the desktop later...
    oh wow.. i see what you mean.. geez MS, this is pretty pathetic.. so it works only when the app is launched from the "metro" UI, and even then theres only a specific few that it works with.. but thats pretty absurd that it works if i launch internet explorer from metro (which the metro IE UI sucks btw) but not if i launch it from the desktop.. This really makes no sense to me.. but thanks for clearing that up for me anyways

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Part of the reason is Windows 8 differentiates between Touch and Mouse clicks and there's still the old OSK available...

They should eventually fix it or we should see a 3rd party solution fix come out...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links