Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    after resetting the vivo I still had the same issue. however I ran a 3rd windows reset and this time im not having any issues. I checked the firmware and it appears to be 9/18/12 version 2.3.5.1 Im getting ready to re-install all updates to see if I get the issue again. Can someone else try resetting your vivotab to see if it fixes the issue?? After the reset check the firmware version and see if the firmware actually rolled back or not??? on my last vivotab I had reset it several times and nothing helped however I did not check the firmware version. im thinking maybe it didn't undo the firmware updates???? anyone confirm this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by relenger View Post
    after resetting the vivo I still had the same issue. however I ran a 3rd windows reset and this time im not having any issues. I checked the firmware and it appears to be 9/18/12 version 2.3.5.1 Im getting ready to re-install all updates to see if I get the issue again. Can someone else try resetting your vivotab to see if it fixes the issue?? After the reset check the firmware version and see if the firmware actually rolled back or not??? on my last vivotab I had reset it several times and nothing helped however I did not check the firmware version. im thinking maybe it didn't undo the firmware updates???? anyone confirm this?
    Believe me.... I've been trying almost everything to find something to make this better since I was about to throw this device out at one point..... no one wanted to buy it and I couldn't use it.

What I found out after taking off the mainboard from inside was that there are two antennas on the back behind the mainboard. I put some duct tape over the connectors for those and it helped a little bit. Not sure what these antennas are for because my wifi still works OK as does bluetooth.

It seems that the CPU runs VERY hot. When I mean hot.... it is too hot. Beneath the metal shielding on the reverse side of the mainboard is a "heat sink" that covers most of that upper panel. The problem for me seems that the heat travels through the metal bezel around the inside of the device where it begins to affect the touch screen hardware.

So, I took part of an internal sole of a shoe to get the "rubber". It's about 2mm thick and I put it on the topside of where the CPU is. This is the copper color side. I sandwich that in and get the top back on. So far so good. It's been a few hours and the issue is definitely diminished. The device also runs much cooler.

From what I've seen, the CPU is running too hot (maybe overclocking?) or it's just a matter of bad design with cooling. If you have the lid taken off when this starts happening, touch that copper colored piece on the mainboard just to the left of the center. That's where the CPU is apparently. That's where it gets hottest. The right side gets hot too on that antenna.... still not sure what that antenna is but it reminds me of an LTE antenna like what was on my Samsung Galaxy Note.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I wounded what Asus is going to do about this? Group lawsuit? If this is not fixed on a$600 Tablet then we should get a group together. Also about the heat. I have a Laser Thermostat I'll check the temp with. How ever my first Asus vivotab was ICE cold (sat in car. Its winter here) and still did it as soon as I turned it on. This is extremely frustrating and Asus is not saying anything about it??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    My conversation with the Asus Rep

ME - I have a Asus Vivotab RT. this is my 2nd tablet and the 3rd one I have seen with the same issue.

ghost fingers touching the screen

I really like this tablet and don't want to return it. but I paid $600 for it and I refuse to pay to send it in. I was also reading that a bunch of other people are having the same issue

please see this thread

Christopher H- if the tablet is still under warranty you don't have pay to have it fixed

Me - www.### transforme…een-jumping-all-over.html

if you go to that link you can see it is a big issue. is Asus aware of this issue?

this is my 2nd Asus Vivo Tab. Same issue with both tablets.

I am aware that the tablet is under a warranty. who is going to pay shipping?

I have bought Asus products for a long time. I have never had a issue till now.

Christopher H - If it's a second return for an RMA on the tablet we cover the return shipping, if it's a first time RMA we do not cover return shipping

ME - it will be the first RMA. I think ill return it to the store. its cheaper.

Is Asus aware of the issue?

Christopher H - I'm sure they are since it seems to be a common issue

Me - what happens if I send it in and it just keeps breaking? Refund? upgrade to a new tablet? I get screwed after so many attempt's?

Christopher H. - we are just the repair facility so we don't do refunds or upgrades

Me - so I would be better off returning it to the store and getting a refund...

Do you have a number or someone who would know if Asus is aware of the problem and fixing it? if it is a software/firmware issue then I will wait but if it is hardware id rather not take the chance.

Christopher H.yes it would be easier to go through the retailer, I do not have a number to check on that though

Me - How many vivo tabs have you heard about having this issue?

Christopher H.this is the first I've heard

Me - this is the 3rd one I have seen with my own eye's. almost everyone at every retailer around me has one on display with the same issue.
    Last edited by relenger; 01-18-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    My tablet is unuseable. I am sick of this. Why have a device that I can not use? I wanted something with a battery available in the keyboard but this went from something that I really enjoyed to just being absolutely terrible. I can't stand this thing anymore.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Another unhappy costumer here with the defective touch screen. Phantom touches at many places and I can't get the Charms to work properly. Some times I can't get them to show; some times they don't close properly and when I do get them open I can't select anything :-(. I bought it fron NCIX here in Canada and will try to return the tab tomorrow. I bought it on the 26 Dec 2012, so I had the thing for 24 days. NCIX warranties their stuff for 30 days, so I better get it back quick.

Update: Returned my Vivo for a refund. Goodby Asus.
    Last edited by Wrinkle; 01-21-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    IMPORTANT!
    I've a friend in Asus, so I linked him this topic and my pics and video: he told me that they know the issue and they have the fix. The problem is that the fix isn't user-friendly due to the Windows RT restriction: in other words you can't fix it "at home", but if you sent it to Asus, they can repair it.
    User-friendly work-around is in development and they plan to release it as soon as possibile.

I sended my VivoTab to Asus today... See you...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WindowsBlogItalia View Post
    IMPORTANT!
    I've a friend in Asus, so I linked him this topic and my pics and video: he told me that they know the issue and they have the fix. The problem is that the fix isn't user-friendly due to the Windows RT restriction: in other words you can't fix it "at home", but if you sent it to Asus, they can repair it.
    User-friendly work-around is in development and they plan to release it as soon as possibile.

I sended my VivoTab to Asus today... See you...

Are you ABSOLUTLY Sure about This????? I have till the 28 to return mine to the store. Ill keep this tablet if they have a "Fix" for it. other wise i'm going to return it to the store for a refund.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, here's his words:

------------------- edited------------------

Translate them in english with your favourite translator... ;-)
    Last edited by eejit; 01-21-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: language

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WindowsBlogItalia View Post
    Yes, here's his words:

------------------- edited------------------

Translate them in english with your favourite translator... ;-)

I hope your and He is correct! Thanks for sharing the info.
    Last edited by eejit; 01-21-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: language

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links