Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    i just tried it and as soon as I powered back up I have a phantom touch at the bottom right corner. This seem to have started two days ago.
    I have the same problem with my phantom located in the top left hand corner. If I look there, I'll see a semi circle extruding out of that left hand corner, it seems to be a phantom cursor. If I swipe that semi circle or phantom cursor towards the right and down, the semi circle goes away, and my Vivo rt works fine until next time. Can't wait until Asus fixes this, very aggrevating.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I've also found out that if you swipe, in and then down, both the left and right sides of the upper part of your screen, it will stop jumping.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    I got tired of waiting. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift to my son and I can't give it to him like this.............. Went and bought my 3rd Kindle. One Generation 2 and two FIRES............ I guess this is what ASUS wants...............

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    I am getting this now as well. I got burned with a Transformer Prime and now with this. I am sick of getting products that just don't work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Same problem here. Last month it showed for the first time the issue, but I did not remember how I fixed it (but it thakes about 10 minutes). Today my Asus VivoTab RT represents the issue, but I'm not able to fix it.

http://f.cl.ly/items/0H0X0g3g1c460D2...130116_020.jpg
    Here you can see the circle generated by the gost touch input.

http://f.cl.ly/items/0c0Z0u40381P1x3...130116_003.jpg
    Here another picture on black background. You should also see a white dot - it is not dust! - at the center of the circle: it is one of the multitouch sensors that normally ar transparent, but this one is white.

http://f.cl.ly/items/1g08310P412Q2o1...130116_005.jpg
    Here you can see the white dot - and the normal ones - with the screen turned off.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I have found that if I switch the resolution down to 1360 it will work for a while and when it returns switching resolution down and back to 1360 will fix it again. using the native 1366 resolution always has this problem for me.

This problem is annoying and rather erratic in behaviour. When the ghost touch happens any physical touch triggers results in a multi-touch which means the device will zoom or appear not to respond to most gestures. Even using the mouse pad on the keyboard attachment doesn't work very well as the mouse keeps jumping to the ghost touch location.

As with most other users comments, this didn't start happening until the software updates in December. Have not tried factory reset yet as I see that as a waste of time since the Win8 will autoupdate it again anyway. unfortunately for me I can't return it since the 30 day return policy was exceeded when it started to happen.

I have not been able to find similar type issues reported for the Microsoft Surface Tablet. So is this HW or SW? Guess we'll see if Asus is able to fix it through a future update.

Frustrating,
    luke

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times

Here's a video - in Italian, but you should understand only with images - of the issue... :S

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I sent my VivoTab into Asus for repair last week...I just got an email saying it's on its way back to me. Nothing in the email about whether anything was fixed or replaced. I'll report back as soon as I get it set up.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem and it's driving me nuts, my tablet is un usable like this. I'll try to hold out but will probably take it back to best buy and get the Surface.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    This is my Secound Asus Vivo RT. im having the same issues with this one too. this is the 3rd Asus vivo RT I have seen messed up. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue or software issue??? I still have 10days before I cant return it. I don't want to return it AGAIN. I like my vivo rt better then my surface. COME ONE ASUS!!!!!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links