Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    My Vivo RT has just developed phantom touches again.
    It developed them a year ago at 12 months old and the screen was replaced under warranty by ASUS.
    The replaced screen worked faultlessly for 12 months so there is clearly a hardware problem with the screen's touch function as the replacement screen has now failed too.

We will see what ASUS is going to do this time.

It is a really great tablet by the way..... Except for the touch screen problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    1 times
    My Vivo RT is in the same boat. Developed phantom touches again a few months ago.
    This is really frustrating given that this tablet has been RMAed before for exactly the same issue.

Really liked this tablet but this makes me wonder about ASUS quality control issues and a pause in terms of buying other ASUS products.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Best thing is not to buy ASUS. All their tabs have this problem and you can let it set with them until its out of warrantee and have the same problem. I also bought a $2200.00 laptop that cant connect to the internet via wireless. Both products worked great for 3 months then problems occur and you can get RMA after RMA until the warranty is out , they are not able to replicate problems or fix them. Their customer service at the beginning seems great at beginning until you figure out you need to be handled for 12 months. Tablets the fix is get a usb mouse , disable the touch screen and use it till the usb/charging port fails. Their laptops do the same simply buy a usb wireless adapter. ASUS will be leaving this household. I really liked their products for 3 months but it was not worth the money.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Thought I'd chime in on the Ghost Touch issue. I also own a Vivo RT and have owned it since Feb-2014. As it's long-long out of warranty I came to this site seeking answers after touch issues started up in early June-2015.

For the past 60 days I have experimented hoping to be able to use & keep this tablet-notebook as I really like it. I have concluded if you do NOT allow the unit to SLEEP it has [at least for me] functioned OK.

One must: a] set the battery SLEEP setting to max [4 hours] and b] set the AC power SLEEP setting to never; also c] user must never close the lid while unit is on and d] always power the unit OFF when finished.

For over 60 days this procedure has worked well for me and my touch screen is fully functional. I always have the RT docked w/keyboard and cannot relay how it will perform un-docked.

?Has anyone else tried this method for an extended period? Issues or Comments appreciated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Taichi
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I've found the solution. Open CONTROL PANEL and go to ASUS Smart Gesture. Unclick everything under "one finger" and "two finger" controls. Leave "Three/Four Fingers" checked. When I did this, the problem stopped. No more screen enlarging, shrinking; cursor jumping to another part of the screen, random touches in the lower right and upper right corners. Oddly enough, the touchscreen still works even though the boxes are unchecked. I've been working on the laptop for about an hour since doing this, and no problems thus far. It usually started acting up after 15 minutes, so I think this is the fix....though I' suspicious as to why touchscreen still works when all boxes are unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by vivort View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently developed a very serious issue with my Vivo RT. When I try to use it, there are several touch inputs on the right side of the screen. It is hard to describe, but imagine if a ghostly hand were randomly tapping on the right side of the screen when I was trying to use it. When I attach my keyboard dock to it, the cursor also jumps to this area and disables me from properly using it. I know that the "jumping cursor" issue is common with Windows, so I used to typical remedy and went to mouse options and disable "Enhance pointer precision". This appeared to have solved the problem for a while, but it returned and hasn't stopped since then.

I refreshed windows, rebooted my tablet, reset windows and wiped my drives, checked for viruses, checked for hardware issues. NOTHING seems to help the issue. I didn't drop the tablet or anything either. I left it next to my bed and when I awoke, it was possessed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would rather not send it back to Asus, as they take a ridiculously long time to process and return their items.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links