Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by life02 View Post
    3rd RMA July 25th - Fix screen separation and replace lcd... Received unit back on August 5th.... There is now separation on the right side, the bezel near the audio jack is cracked, and the volume rocker is separated from the unit and is sticking out.
    4th RMA August 8th - Replacement Unit from CA since local service center keeps making my tablet worse.

Refurbised replacement received August 21st - screen separation, multiple false touches, scratches on the screen, dented backing, backlight issues (bleeding).

I don't know what to do. I have requested a refund but they say they can't do that since they only manufacture products (We know they can't repair their products). I've been dealing with this since June 26th. I guess I'm going to have to get the BBB involved to see any real corrective action.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by life02 View Post
    4th RMA August 8th - Replacement Unit from CA since local service center keeps making my tablet worse.

Refurbised replacement received August 21st - screen separation, multiple false touches, scratches on the screen, dented backing, backlight issues (bleeding).

I don't know what to do. I have requested a refund but they say they can't do that since they only manufacture products (We know they can't repair their products). I've been dealing with this since June 26th. I guess I'm going to have to get the BBB involved to see any real corrective action.
    It is disheartening to see this issue still not resolved since this tablet first came out.

Bad news for you. People love to cite the BBB as if it will do anything to help. Trust me, it doesn't.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear all
    Any news about the ghost touch problems of our VivoTab RT?
    Any fix available?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapha01 View Post
    Dear all
    Any news about the ghost touch problems of our VivoTab RT?
    Any fix available?
    On July 3rd I posted about my experience with this issue (the problem appeared after a Windows Update).
    I had LCD + B Case module replaced by ASUS repair shop in Europe and since then the tablet has "survived" quite a lot of Windows updates without any problem.
    Good luck!
    Giuseppe
    Last edited by giuseppe; 09-20-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    hi, after installing the latest bios from LiveUpdate today the ghost touches are gone. hopefull it last...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    My tab has been good for months now after returning it to ASUS. there has not been an available firmware update for months as well, until today! now the question is....Should I install the firmware update?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aandino View Post
    My tab has been good for months now after returning it to ASUS. there has not been an available firmware update for months as well, until today! now the question is....Should I install the firmware update?
    maybe you should... my firmware update which removes the problem was from 5/10/2013 version 6.0 (that's how LiveUpdate called it) and it's still working fine. If it's the same update I think it won't harm your system.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sandaii View Post
    maybe you should... my firmware update which removes the problem was from 5/10/2013 version 6.0 (that's how LiveUpdate called it) and it's still working fine. If it's the same update I think it won't harm your system.

I agree. Mine was fixed when I installed the 5/10 one also. after a few restarts it cleared up and has not been back. I just got a new update today too. seems to have fixed a few small issues with Windows 8.1! which comes out next week! I CANT WAIT!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    What is LiveUpdate and how to get it?

By the way, just now updated the tablet with latest firmware via Windows Update and the ghost touch is gone. However I'd like to make sure and update BIOS if it is possible.

This latest firmware seems to be stable and resolves many issues with the tablet performance and responsiveness.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    21 times
    I can tell you that the latest update does nothing to fix my ghost touches and screen jumpiness. I have done a full system wipe twice, installed the updates, nothing works. I know there are a lot of posts about this, but I am confident that this is purely an ASUS issue. I also have the original TF101 (Android) and I have witnessed a few updates issued by ASUS on that side that also turned the machines into useless devices. The issues with the original Nexus were myriad within one year of issuance as well. This alone made me avoid the new Nexus completely. If you look at my other posts, you will see that I was an ASUS proponent, but sadly that ended with this device. It appears that they are good as a components supplier, but as an OEM they fall short.

I am hoping that by installing 8.1 in the next day or so that the issues with my Vivo tab will go away, but I will not be buying another ASUS device. It's them, not the OS. This thing had so much promise, great form factor, even with RT's shortcomings, but ASUS is to blame for a really shoddy update and support QA. We as consumers shouldn't have to ship the device back to them, only to hope it gets fixed, comes back in good physical condition, etc. That's basic support etiquette, and they failed at it. Lesson learned. These are the trials you go through as an early adopter.

As an aside, I am watching my VivoTab update again after system wipe #3, and I can see the ghost touches already bouncing around while it goes through it's motions. Now the swipe up to log in screen is bouncing around like crazy. Ah well.

UPDATE: 10-17-13: Installing Windows 8.1 does nothing to fix the issue.
    Last edited by GinNH; 10-17-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Update

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links