Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    2 times
    I was told I had a tablet reserved for me but they were waiting for a dock to be in stock a few weeks back then heard nothing more about it, yesterday told once more I have a tablet reserved but that they are waiting for a dock to come in stock... I'm now fighting for a full refund, I was previously told I'd get a diminished refund due to the age of the device, considering I first reported a crash to them two weeks after buying it and they've had it since February they will have a court case on their hands if they try it.

I'm never buying Asus again, the hardware quality is terrible and the support even worse.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    2 times
    Full refund confirmed, my Asus experiment ends here. A shame as the device had such promise, so utterly let down by the company who built it.

Good luck to the rest of you, I'm buying a Surface this evening.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jedibowler View Post
    I was told I had a tablet reserved for me but they were waiting for a dock to be in stock a few weeks back then heard nothing more about it, yesterday told once more I have a tablet reserved but that they are waiting for a dock to come in stock... I'm now fighting for a full refund, I was previously told I'd get a diminished refund due to the age of the device, considering I first reported a crash to them two weeks after buying it and they've had it since February they will have a court case on their hands if they try it.

I'm never buying Asus again, the hardware quality is terrible and the support even worse.
    Hey jedibowler, were did you get ur refund from? the local store or from Asus.

had alot of problems with this tab
    * 4 times ghost touch
    * keyboard not working
    * Camera Flash is dead

its been more then 2 weeks , the tab is in service center .
    Last edited by julesbgoes; 07-26-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    2 times
    Asus direct, they will only do it as a last resort it seems and in my case that happened. They offered a replacement device however after almost a month they still hadn't managed to source one for me so I demanded a refund as they were wasting my time.

If you are in the UK and you have done everything you can to allow them to honour their warranty and they have failed to do so, small claims is an option. You have to be able to show that you have given the company every opportunity to resolve the issue first however, I had the paperwork ready to go and thankfully it didn't come to that.

If they short-change me with the refund however then I'm going to them to court. They know this already and they have promised a full refund, they'd also promised to fix my device on three occasions as well as replace it and non of those things happened either... I'm expecting this fight isn't over, on the plus side it seems that the VivoTab RT isn't actually on sale anymore so hopefully no one else will go through this hassle.

Shame though, the device was everything I wanted. :/

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    How did you do the firmware update? I tried doingit, but it says the firmware from January is current.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem with my tf300 and i sended it back to guaranty and they changed the touch panel, and now it works great.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    3rd RMA July 25th - Fix screen separation and replace lcd... Received unit back on August 5th.... There is now separation on the right side, the bezel near the audio jack is cracked, and the volume rocker is separated from the unit and is sticking out.

Quote Originally Posted by life02 View Post
    My tablet developed the ghost/false touch problem as well. Tien helped me get the RMAs set up.

1st RMA June 27th - Recalibration only... Received unit back on July 9th with the same problem.
    2nd RMA July 12th - LCD/Touchscreen Replacement... Received unit back on July 23rd. There is screen separation and about 9 black spots on the screen.
    3rd RMA ????

Tien has been great but the local ASUS service center has been horrible. It seems like they have no quality control

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    This is now my 3rd Asus Vivotab RT. (all 3 were brand new) and all 3 have had the ghost touch issue. However this vivotab updated to a new driver released 6/5/2013 with version number 2.3.12.. after the ghost touches started I would reboot. After the reboot a screen would come up and say something about "Touch driver issue found, Solving.......... ........... ........ . ... . ... ....... . . . .. ..... .. . ... . ...... .. ..... "
    this helped the first time but the issue was still there with the ghost touches, so I rebooted. Again the vivotab ran another "Touchscreen issue" scan. after 4 or 5 scan and fix's(each time it got slightly better) it finaly fixed the ghost touch issue. it has now been about 1 mnth and the ghost touches have not been back since. I believe the "Scan" fixed it. at one point the ghost touches were so bad I couldn't even shut the computer down without forcing it off. Has anyone else seen this screen or had any luck?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    This may be a stupid question, but are you possibly using a third-party charger with your tablet? I bought a cheap one from a Chinese website, and it immediately caused touchscreen problems (ghosting, dead spots, and jumping cursor).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but are you possibly using a third-party charger with your tablet? I bought a cheap one from a Chinese website, and it immediately caused touchscreen problems (ghosting, dead spots, and jumping cursor).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    not sure who you are asking? I am using the one that came with it

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links