Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Go back a few pages sheilee. You should be able to find the instructions on how ti disable the updates back there somewhere.
    Thank you!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sheilee6 View Post
    Hey guys!

The firmware update I installed today (July 11, 2013), solved the "ghostly touches". I was using the Tablet with an adjusted screen resolution of 1280 x 780, and the ghost touches "disappeared" as also did the charms functionality. I could only used it with the mouse and the keyboard. Not that the touchscreen didn't work, it just seemed as it had a bad calibration (I tried to calibrate it, but stayed the same). But now everything works!!

I attached a picture of the updates my VivoTab did, so you can see which ones it did.

Can someone tell me how to disable the automatic updates?

Hope it works for everyone.

Attachment 6190

I've been experiencing some problems. After a while of being let alone, or just "stand by", the ghost touches appear. When I try to change the resolution to 1280 x 780 (as it worked before), the ghost touches stay there and worse, the screen starts jumping. I did a restart and when it turned back on, the ghost touches had disappeared. It has happen to me twice, so I suggest to everyone that has given the update to their VivoTab, to just long press the power button and restart the tablet every time the ghost touches appear :/

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    The replacement unit they sent me (after they had my messed up one for a month) seems to work okay. It was not new and a little dirty/scratched up on the back. Seems like the wifi is a little messed up on this one since it keeps telling me I am not connected in the Windows Store even though the internet is working. So far the screen is acting normal after all the updates have been applied. Since it is a replacement I have no info on what they fixed in it. My original had a serial number that started with a C. This one starts with a D. Might mean nothing.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grayin View Post
    The replacement unit they sent me (after they had my messed up one for a month) seems to work okay. It was not new and a little dirty/scratched up on the back. Seems like the wifi is a little messed up on this one since it keeps telling me I am not connected in the Windows Store even though the internet is working. So far the screen is acting normal after all the updates have been applied. Since it is a replacement I have no info on what they fixed in it. My original had a serial number that started with a C. This one starts with a D. Might mean nothing.
    The D just means it was manufactured later than the C models.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I was able to update my vivotab rt to 8.1 preview, but ever since I have been having the ghosting problems. The ghosting that I am getting looks to be either 1,3 or 4 spots when I am in the desktop view with a black background it just has the spots in a vertical row just to the left of where you would enter your password while logging in. Also I have noticed a new spot in the upper left hand corner, when I plugged in my keyboard the cursor just hung out in the corner. I am able to get the touchscreen to work for one press after each pressing of the power button. Not sure how to fix my problem since on rt you can not just revert back to the old 8rt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really loved my tablet for the first eight months now the past week, it has been unusable.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vivort View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently developed a very serious issue with my Vivo RT. When I try to use it, there are several touch inputs on the right side of the screen. It is hard to describe, but imagine if a ghostly hand were randomly tapping on the right side of the screen when I was trying to use it. When I attach my keyboard dock to it, the cursor also jumps to this area and disables me from properly using it. I know that the "jumping cursor" issue is common with Windows, so I used to typical remedy and went to mouse options and disable "Enhance pointer precision". This appeared to have solved the problem for a while, but it returned and hasn't stopped since then.

I refreshed windows, rebooted my tablet, reset windows and wiped my drives, checked for viruses, checked for hardware issues. NOTHING seems to help the issue. I didn't drop the tablet or anything either. I left it next to my bed and when I awoke, it was possessed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would rather not send it back to Asus, as they take a ridiculously long time to process and return their items.
    I have the same problem. So I sent my Vivo RT to Asus Service center Indonesia to fix it. They replaced the screen and update the software, but the problem is still exist, in addition they also broke the docking station lock and get rid of my simcard eject pin. LOL

So I think the problem is the Asus. Oh, why did I think Asus has a good quality? I was a fool! A fool!...
    Last edited by hardi_wb; 07-14-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there,
    I'm posting from France and I'm glad I've found the site here and all your posts. I've had the ghost touch issue on my vivo rt for weeks. At first I though it was the kids who broke it or something like that. But after reading all your comments, I found some hope ;-)
    I decided to reset the tablet using a mouse. when I first did, the ghost touches where still there, but after the update everything was back in order.
    I have the update from july 7 2013 installed and no other since the one in december 2012
    now everything works back perfect, just like it was always before
    hope this can help someone

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rees510 View Post
    Not sure how to fix my problem since on rt you can not just revert back to the old 8rt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really loved my tablet for the first eight months now the past week, it has been unusable.
    I really think the issue with these ghost touches is hardware related. On my replacement VivoTab I have installed 8.1 preview with no touch screen issues. The first step of the 8.1 install should be to make a recovery image of RT 8 so you can go back to it. You do this from the desktop control panel under recovery. You need a drive bigger than 4gb. Sorry but since you did not do this you are sort of stuck on 8.1. But you probably need to send the unit in for repair anyway.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    im having this problem for a few week and my tablet was unusable and I search online and I found the way to at least use it.

I bougth it used on ebay but it comes with the keyboard.
    So when this problem start I manage to go to the divice manager and I find the option to disable the touchscreen driver and now I can used my tablet with the keyboard as a minilaptop that last 16 hours XD jejeje

im kind of happy cuz my with this gosthly touches it was unusable

I lost the meaning of having a tablet but at least it is working.
    I hope I can help someone with this info

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    My tablet developed the ghost/false touch problem as well. Tien helped me get the RMAs set up.

1st RMA June 27th - Recalibration only... Received unit back on July 9th with the same problem.
    2nd RMA July 12th - LCD/Touchscreen Replacement... Received unit back on July 23rd. There is screen separation and about 9 black spots on the screen.
    3rd RMA ????

Tien has been great but the local ASUS service center has been horrible. It seems like they have no quality control

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links