Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    That works the way that you say..............

Thanks.

I hope they address this soon as I purchased this thing for my son to use educational websites.

Quote Originally Posted by alissa914 View Post
    The quickest solution to this until they can fix it is to swipe in that section where you see the phantom touch area. This, on mine, is located where the Settings charm button is. Once I swipe there, I get it working as it did before.

If the system freezes and ignores touches, you just wait a few seconds and control should return.

I also went into Advanced System Settings from the System Control Panel and turned off most of those animations and smooth scrolling. It seems to work OK for now. THe issue is still there, but at least it's manageable for now.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    4 times
    I hope so too..... Interesting thing is that I removed the latest batch of updates and now the phantom mouse appears on the left side now. This definitely seems to be a software issue vs. a hardware one. A hardware one would repeat in the same location and to be honest, I thought that this was a problem because I had dropped it and bent in the back side. After opening the device and pulling out the dent, I noticed no damage at all inside.

After reading what has been posted here, I tried many things including registry edits and even disabling the I2C device. All that did was to disable the touchscreen and the issue is not present. But the fact that it jumped to the left side now just seems a bit weird to me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    When I first noticed the problem, I started seeing multiple locations and sometimes I still do. At one point, I saw not only presses but a swiping action as well.

I hope so too..... Interesting thing is that I removed the latest batch of updates and now the phantom mouse appears on the left side now. This definitely seems to be a software issue vs. a hardware one. A hardware one would repeat in the same location and to be honest, I thought that this was a problem because I had dropped it and bent in the back side. After opening the device and pulling out the dent, I noticed no damage at all inside.

After reading what has been posted here, I tried many things including registry edits and even disabling the I2C device. All that did was to disable the touchscreen and the issue is not present. But the fact that it jumped to the left side now just seems a bit weird to me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    When I first noticed the problem, I started seeing multiple locations and sometimes I still do. At one point, I saw not only presses but a swiping action as well.
    You know what..... I have a feeling that this is a heat related issue.... Don't know why, but I just noticed that the top half of the device (the heat sink) is very warm. I turned off the NFC, Bluetooth, and GPRS radios in Settings -> Wireless. It seems to happen less now and the device is a bit cooler. I also made the device less bright.

It still happens, but it happens not nearly as often.

It's almost like how wifi devices start acting up and dropping connections when they get warm. The device has no other means of dissipating heat aside from that top section (ridged area). Possible solutions may also be to reduce the power of the wifi antenna, Bluetooth, nfc, gps.... anything to drop that heat until they have a more power-efficient firmware, if this is true.

Lauren
    Hussain1536 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    4 times
    You know what..... I have a feeling that this is a heat related issue.... Don't know why, but I just noticed that the top half of the device (the heat sink) is very warm. I turned off the NFC, Bluetooth, and GPRS radios in Settings -> Wireless. It seems to happen less now and the device is a bit cooler. I also made the device less bright.

It still happens, but it happens not nearly as often.

It's almost like how wifi devices start acting up and dropping connections when they get warm. The device has no other means of dissipating heat aside from that top section (ridged area). Possible solutions may also be to reduce the power of the wifi antenna, Bluetooth, nfc, gps.... anything to drop that heat until they have a more power-efficient firmware, if this is true.

Lauren
    Maybe I spoke too soon..... I also saw a few system errors on the near field proximity sensor device so I disabled that also. Not perfect, but it is at least usable.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    4 times
    Maybe I spoke too soon..... I also saw a few system errors on the near field proximity sensor device so I disabled that also. Not perfect, but it is at least usable.
    Try adjusting your screen resolution to 1360x768 (go into Control Panel and change screen resolution.... bring it down one level and hit OK. The width should change from 1366 to 1360 or so. A minor change in resolution....

It's been running without coming back for a couple of hours now.

Lauren

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got an RMA authorization from ASUS, so I sent it back. Let's see what they say. I also wondered if this was a software issue...Doing a refresh seemed to get rid of the problem, but as soon as I installed updates it came back. In any case...even if it's manageable, it shouldn't happen, hopefully there is a fix or recall in the works.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I too have "acquired" the phantom touches on the screen on the right side...as well as other issues with the screen.... after windows updates were installed...

In addition to the phantom touches, I will get the start screen jumping and resizing on its own...

Also, when swiping up on the lock page to get to the login, the window is not smooth, it actually takes multiple swipes up to get the screen out of the way for the log in to become active...

at the moment I am number 57 in queue for a livechat support........

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    I just had a firmware update. So far no phantoms.

Will see what happens..................

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure if it is a coninsident or caused by the System Upgrade I too get this problem after the Tuesday patch on 9th Jan

I then immediately try resetting my vivo RT back to the factory default but, the phamtom touch persists

Wonder if you were given some useful pointer by the livechat support?

Quote Originally Posted by colsen View Post
    I too have "acquired" the phantom touches on the screen on the right side...as well as other issues with the screen.... after windows updates were installed...

In addition to the phantom touches, I will get the start screen jumping and resizing on its own...

Also, when swiping up on the lock page to get to the login, the window is not smooth, it actually takes multiple swipes up to get the screen out of the way for the log in to become active...

at the moment I am number 57 in queue for a livechat support........

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links