Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ASUS Vivo Tab RT touch screen is jumping all over

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Hi everybody! If anybody is still having issues with the "phantom touches", please try the following:

Backup all your data and perform a full factory reset on the device. Leave it alone and let it update. I have seen the issue disappear after this and this is the most simple fix. If you do a restore and the issue comes back, or comes back with a vengeance, than please contact me at cl-tien@asus.com, or our customer support to arrange an RMA. Once at the facility, we will have to reinstall the o/s and recalibrate. It is completely different from the calibration that you see within Windows, and can only be done at the repair facility. So far, I have not had an RT that has had the issue come back after an RMA. I have had a regular VivoTab come back, but I believe that is another type of issue altogether for that device.

zampano77 - it's a good thing they didnt change the LCD screen because that wasn't what was causing it. I;m glad they ended up recalibrating.

Again, if you've had to RMA the RT because of the phantom touches but the issue has since returned, please let me know.
    zampano77 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Im trying to uninstall some updates but the dropdown menu doesn't show. Ive already done some reseting. It got blocked?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Asus_USA - thanks for the update on best solutions and confirming that recalibration in the service centre is likely to be a permanent fix.
    After the recalibration of our device it is now fully up-to-date with firmware and windows updates and it's not showing any issues (except the crashing upon removal from the dock - but that's a different post). If any phantom touches show up I'll report here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, the problem is back despite 5 weeks at the service center where they did a recalibration. It took two days of using the tablet after return and since yesterday there is a touch screen problem again. It's slightly different from the previous problem in the way that a single phantom touch appears in the standby screen in the bottom right corner with a mouse cursor in its center. Swiping up to access the login box requires a number of swipes that gradually reveal the login screen. Once in Windows i can move the screen by touch but it doesn't allow the swipe in from the right side, it sometimes doesn't accept touch selections of buttons and sometimes simply zooms out or in when using one finger to swipe. Strangely though the phantom touch is not visible once in the main windows interface.
    What's different to before is that I can use the mouse control without much problem. Previously the phantom touches would be visible all the time and simulate actual touches to the screen making control of the interface impossible. At the moment, using the keyboard and mouse, the system works normally. However, using the touchscreen is strongly limited in function and I have no doubt the problem will progress to the previous state.
    I have done another factory reset in the meantime, but the phantom touch appears right from the very beginning of the reinstallation. Am out of clues now...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I am still struggling trying to find a definitive root cause to this issue. Tien, please let us know if there has been any constant variables with this behavior. For example - I have noticed as did another poster, that when this occurrence is happening, the back of the tablet gets very warm to the touch. Also, I have seen other forums and youtube videos showing this exact same behavior happening on android machines as well. I really am finding it hard to understand what about sending it via RMA, reinstalling the OS, possibly flashing the BIOS, and "Recalibrating" will do to correct this issue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    So far so good. Thank you ASUS for fixing my TAB and returning.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there a way to force unistall an update? After i restarted the OS some previous updates were still there in the history. I'd like to give it a try and uninstall them before another restart...

Sent from my GT-I9300

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    If what I gather is correct, it wont matter daviporciuncula. It appears that the firmware perhaps gets flashed onto ROM and only at ASUS can they unflash it. Even though I am still not convinced this is all firmware, but I feel a inherently bad tablet design on ASUS part. I feel that it is possible all ASUS vivo and transformer tablet may susceptible to this behavior, I cant shake the feeling that this is a problem with the internal chassis of the device the way the metals and wires interact in there.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    You may be right. Everytime i do an update or restart the ghost points change...

Sent from my GT-I9300

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb

Try to turn NFC off. It helped me.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links