Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times

Asus tf600t won't charge but charger is working.

I bought my asus thf600t from someone who said they were using it let the battery go dead and the next time they tried to charge it it would'nt charge. When I got it and tried to charge it it had the orange charging light but after 3 hours of being plugged into the wall and the laptop it wouldn't turn on and when I would unplug it the orange light would disappear like it wasn't holding a charge. I have checked the wall adapter by connecting my phones usb cable to it and it charges my phone. next I did the reset with paper clip now when I plug it in it has a white light the orange light only flashes once then white again and tried to again connect to laptop it makes the ding that it is connected and ding again when I disconnect it so cable is working but my laptop does say in the device manager it has turned off the usb port because something is wrong with device. Any ideas?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinonez View Post
    I bought my asus thf600t from someone who said they were using it let the battery go dead and the next time they tried to charge it it would'nt charge. When I got it and tried to charge it it had the orange charging light but after 3 hours of being plugged into the wall and the laptop it wouldn't turn on and when I would unplug it the orange light would disappear like it wasn't holding a charge. I have checked the wall adapter by connecting my phones usb cable to it and it charges my phone. next I did the reset with paper clip now when I plug it in it has a white light the orange light only flashes once then white again and tried to again connect to laptop it makes the ding that it is connected and ding again when I disconnect it so cable is working but my laptop does say in the device manager it has turned off the usb port because something is wrong with device. Any ideas?
    Welcome to the forum

In the Master Help Guide linked in my signature is a helpful guide to batteries & charging on the TF range. If you read through that I think you'll get a handle on your situation & be able to troubleshoot through various options.

Let us know how it goes.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried the stuff in your guide except for sliding the the front off of the wall charger because my asus charger doesn't come apart. I also already tried to move the prongs where the usb cable connects and the charger is working being as it will charge my phone so Im really stuck here especially with the light now showing white after reset when trying to charge. also if i push the power button and volume down button it vibrates but black screen and no light on power button.
    Last edited by jquinonez; 12-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Did you try the freezer trick?

You understand that just because the charger charges your phone doesn't mean that the charger is fine - it is dual voltage 5v and 15v - the charger switches to 15v when signalled by the TF.

This was the thread I had in mind & if you can't fix it from this, then there may not be much more we can say as we have collated all the user supplied info here...http://www.transformerforums.com/for...mer-range.html

A RMA to Asus may be on the cards if you can't try another charger, or resolve it yourself in another way.

Hope that helps

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times

help finding a new charger.

Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Did you try the freezer trick?

You understand that just because the charger charges your phone doesn't mean that the charger is fine - it is dual voltage 5v and 15v - the charger switches to 15v when signalled by the TF.

This was the thread I had in mind & if you can't fix it from this, then there may not be much more we can say as we have collated all the user supplied info here...http://www.transformerforums.com/for...mer-range.html

A RMA to Asus may be on the cards if you can't try another charger, or resolve it yourself in another way.

Hope that helps
    Yes tried the freezer trick. Im having trouble finding a charger for the tf600 in any stores around me. Can I use one for a tf101?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    2 times
    Do you have the keyboard dock? It could be worth charging the dock by itself and then allowing it to charge the slate if so.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I have lost my charger and usb cable and been looking online for weeks and cannot find one. Anyone know where I could get one? Thanks for the help

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I have both a tf600 and tf300. I let the battery go dead on my tf600 dock. Now the dock will not charge the dock and will not charge the tablet thru the dock although it does say on the tablet that the battery on the dock is charging but after 24hr the dock is still at 0% Can someone please help me?? I dont know what this freezer trick.. It would be great if you guys could help me. I have the original charger cable dock and tablet. It is less than 6 mos old and used rarely.

PLEASE HELP!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    jonbert - Welcome to the forum. As mentioned in the thread earlier by janner43, the link he provided in post#4 to the Battery Info thread has the instructions and advice on dealing with your issue - have a look through the thread (you can use the search thread option) and you might want to try trickle-charging via a PC next. Good luck.

I also have a link to the Battery thread below in my Signature...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links