Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Vivo Tab RT - No flash when taking picture?

  1. #41
    Soundwave
    Member #
    57583
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    I purchased a Vivo Rt yesterday and got it for a good price because the only store selling them had them on clearance and I too have the flash problem. The unit was updated to the latest firmware and the latest updates with still no working flash. I did a factory restore and still no luck. I went out today and purchased the last one (display model) that Staples had and it too has the flash problem. On the phone with Asus twice today with very little help provided. They suggesat I send it in for repair and pay for the shipping one way and they would pay the other. Why would i send in a tablet that I've only had for one day. I indicated to them that i was planning to return both tablets and get my money back. It seems like this flash issue as been going on since sometime in 2012. There's been lots of time for this issue to have been corrected. I expect more from Asus and this flash problem shouldn't be an issue anymore. This is a nice tablet and the price was right but, the lack of support is UNSAT!!

  2. #42
    Soundwave
    Member #
    57678
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all ppl, I received yesterday a VivoTab RT too, and have the problem with the Flash of the Camera, all work perfect except that mentioned, all its updated, and still have the issue with the flash.. should I return it?..

  3. #43
    Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    35389
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Posts
    842
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonb View Post
    I purchased a Vivo Rt yesterday and got it for a good price because the only store selling them had them on clearance and I too have the flash problem. The unit was updated to the latest firmware and the latest updates with still no working flash. I did a factory restore and still no luck. I went out today and purchased the last one (display model) that Staples had and it too has the flash problem. On the phone with Asus twice today with very little help provided. They suggesat I send it in for repair and pay for the shipping one way and they would pay the other. Why would i send in a tablet that I've only had for one day. I indicated to them that i was planning to return both tablets and get my money back. It seems like this flash issue as been going on since sometime in 2012. There's been lots of time for this issue to have been corrected. I expect more from Asus and this flash problem shouldn't be an issue anymore. This is a nice tablet and the price was right but, the lack of support is UNSAT!!
    The flash issue that happened a few months ago upon the tablet's release is unrelated to the current one that you are having. Upon it's release, the flash driver was not ready yet, and the proper update was pushed to the Vivotabs months ago. Flash has not been an issue until recently. We know that an update caused the regular camera app's flash to not work. That was due to a Microsoft update, and a patch from Microsoft will be pushed through when ready. However, there have been reports that the update has caused issues with the Asus camera app, as well. From what I can see, this is not affected all users, as there are still Vivotabs out there who have a perfectly working flash on their Asus Camera but not on the normal one. I am not 100% sure what caused it, but what I can recommend is to send it in for service so we can check it out. There has been a good mix of those reporting an update knocked out the flash and some that say the tablet came that way.

    You certainly do not have to send it in, and you can sit and wait to see if this can be sorted out via an update. I don't have all the answer right now, but I will definitely provide updates whenever I can.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.




    Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

  4. #44
    Soundwave
    Member #
    58037
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Angry

    I have a ASUS VivoTab RT bough last December and its flash still does not work with ASUS Camera App even though all available Windows updates have been done and ASUS Camera App has been updated.

  5. #45
    Soundwave
    Member #
    57526
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Repair Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hey Justn. I sent you an e-mail with some info. Fill out the requested info and we can get your unit sent in.
    Heya Tien,

    Thanks for trying to help, I sent you an email with all the specifics but basically sent it in for repair and they didn't even attempt to fix the problem, looks like they installed an image older than the one that came with it and the flash is not working at all now. When I do a refresh of the OS there is now no option for a flash at all.

  6. #46
    Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    35389
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Posts
    842
    Liked
    154 times
    Hey everyone. So I have some news about the flash issue on the VivoTabs. I don't have an exact time frame or date, but we are working on an update to fix this. I can assure you it's not a hardware issue. Not all tablets are affected, but for those that are, please hold off on the RMA for now. If sent in, the repair facilities will reinstall the o/s but the issue will come back as soon as you update, from what I've seen so far. As soon as the update is ready, it will go through normally like any other Windows updates through the Windows Updater. Your VivoTab will automatically find, download, and install it for you - just like any other update. I apologize for the inconveniences. If you do have any questions or concerns, I'm here to help. Feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail to the address in my signature.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.




    Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

  7. #47
    Soundwave
    Member #
    58458
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times

    Flash issues and Warranty/ RMA questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hey everyone. So I have some news about the flash issue on the VivoTabs. I don't have an exact time frame or date, but we are working on an update to fix this. I can assure you it's not a hardware issue. Not all tablets are affected, but for those that are, please hold off on the RMA for now. If sent in, the repair facilities will reinstall the o/s but the issue will come back as soon as you update, from what I've seen so far. As soon as the update is ready, it will go through normally like any other Windows updates through the Windows Updater. Your VivoTab will automatically find, download, and install it for you - just like any other update. I apologize for the inconveniences. If you do have any questions or concerns, I'm here to help. Feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail to the address in my signature.
    I also have this issue with the flash.I noticed the last post here was 6/19 and wanted to see if there was any new info on this problem or when an update might happen. I am new to Asus as a company, in April I bought my first Asus laptop and in June was given the Vivo Tab RT as a gift. I see alot of talk here about RMA and I know that when I registered my laptop I was required to upload my receipt, however with the tablet it only asked where it was purchased and I put Amazon/gift because I do not have a receipt because it was a gift, I only had to purchase the keyboard dock. Does that mean I am not covered by warranty/rma on the tablet? I love it but really would like the flash to work. Any help would be great.

  8. #48
    Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    35389
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Posts
    842
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by khrysse View Post
    I also have this issue with the flash.I noticed the last post here was 6/19 and wanted to see if there was any new info on this problem or when an update might happen. I am new to Asus as a company, in April I bought my first Asus laptop and in June was given the Vivo Tab RT as a gift. I see alot of talk here about RMA and I know that when I registered my laptop I was required to upload my receipt, however with the tablet it only asked where it was purchased and I put Amazon/gift because I do not have a receipt because it was a gift, I only had to purchase the keyboard dock. Does that mean I am not covered by warranty/rma on the tablet? I love it but really would like the flash to work. Any help would be great.
    Your warranty is good on the tablet even if you never register anything. All the warranty information is stored in your serial number. Registering, or not registering, will not affect it.

    The flash should be fixed via an update soon. I don't have a date, but I heard it should be coming sometime this month. I know July just started so that doesn't really sound good, but it should be the first half of July. So no need to send it in to warranty for the flash issue. It should be fixed via an update sent to the tablet.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.




    Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

  9. #49
    Soundwave
    Member #
    58458
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Your warranty is good on the tablet even if you never register anything. All the warranty information is stored in your serial number. Registering, or not registering, will not affect it.

    The flash should be fixed via an update soon. I don't have a date, but I heard it should be coming sometime this month. I know July just started so that doesn't really sound good, but it should be the first half of July. So no need to send it in to warranty for the flash issue. It should be fixed via an update sent to the tablet.
    Thxxx for the reply. Great news about an update. I assumed you had to register to get the warranty and since it required a receipt , that without one they warranty would become void.

  10. #50
    Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    35389
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Posts
    842
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by khrysse View Post
    Thxxx for the reply. Great news about an update. I assumed you had to register to get the warranty and since it required a receipt , that without one they warranty would become void.
    Nope, no registration needed. Don't lose the serial number or invoice, though. The warranty won't necessarily be voided, but we can use the invoice to establish a date for the one year.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.




    Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

 

 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. ASUS Vivo Tab & Vivo RT Accessory thread
    By wicked in forum ASUS Vivo Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 07:58 PM
  2. The OFFICIAL "I got my ASUS Vivo Tab/Vivo RT" thread
    By wicked in forum ASUS Vivo General Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 06:41 AM
  3. Vivo Tabs
    By lsitongia in forum ASUS Vivo General Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
  4. Vivo Tabs
    By lsitongia in forum Transformer Windows Devices General Discussion
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM
  5. Image on screen while taking picture?
    By toopence in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM

Search tags for this page

asus camera flash
,

asus tf600t camera flash

,
asus tf600t flash
,
asus vivo tab camara fix
,
asus vivo tab camera
,

asus vivo tab camera flash help problem led

,

asus vivo tab rt camera flash not working

,

asus vivotab camera fix

,
asus vivotab flash camera
,
asus vivotab rt camera wont flash
,
how do i use the flash on my asus vivo tab
,

how to camera flash on asus

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:18 PM.