View Poll Results: Do you own a vivotab rt?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, bought it and keeping it

9 100.00%
  • no, bought it and returned it

0 0%
    Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    495 times

How many people actually own the vivotab rt?

First of all, I'm a proud owner of the vivotab rt. Sold my infinity to pay for this one. I searched all over the internet and couldn't find much discussion on this tablet. Just trying to get an idea of just how any people got this tablet.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Re: How many people actually own the vivotab rt?

You can read numerous reviews at amazon and tiger direct, but if you do you will come away hoping that you don't get the ghost problem that apparently plagues the screen. I read the reviews after seeing that tiger had the combination of tablet and keyboard dock for less than an infinity tablet without a keyboard. I guess that the lower price is a result of some of the problems with the vivo, but I cannot say that for sure. Many reviewers were also not overly happy at the lack of apps, but they all were hoping that that would improve in the future. Hope you don't get the ghost problem with yours.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaUte View Post
    You can read numerous reviews at amazon and tiger direct, but if you do you will come away hoping that you don't get the ghost problem that apparently plagues the screen. I read the reviews after seeing that tiger had the combination of tablet and keyboard dock for less than an infinity tablet without a keyboard. I guess that the lower price is a result of some of the problems with the vivo, but I cannot say that for sure. Many reviewers were also not overly happy at the lack of apps, but they all were hoping that that would improve in the future. Hope you don't get the ghost problem with yours.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Here's the thing. I take those reviews with a grain of salt. It is human nature to not say anything at all when everything is perfect. But if something goes wrong, they will hold a press conference and make sure the world knows what happened with exaggerations.

I don't doubt that the ghost touch issue exists, but I do doubt its proliferation like some people make it out to be.

Take the infinity, for example. If you were to read the reviews on the infinity, you'd think that all infinities have all the problems that people have reported on the internet. My family has 8 infinities, and not a single one has the problems that have been reported on the internet.

My vivotab is used. It was bought and returned, that's why I got it for half the price of a new one. I've not noticed anything wrong with it yet. We'll see if something will turn up later.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo RT
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm generally pleased with my Vivotab except for a few issues.
    - bright dot (aka dead pixel). So had to send it for warranty and waited for 3 weeks for the unit to return.
    - plastic and metal edges have separated from the screen after collection from repair
    - Software glitches. Sometimes the keyboard goes beserk and I have to detach the tablet from the keyboard dock and reattach it before it works properly again.
    - Speed. Working on MS Word files, it slows down significantly if I zoom in. It's only smooth at 100% zoom.
    - Power adapter and USB cable. Only the supplied power adapter works. Other USB chargers (such as the iPad, Samsung, etc) does not produce the right voltage/waltage and does not charge up the Vivotab. The connector is a 36 pin version that is not the same as the more commonly available 40 pin connectors for the Asus Transformer tabs.

Ads