Thread: Giving up my infinity, going for vivotab

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    496 times

Giving up my infinity, going for vivotab

I'm this close to buying a vivotab and sell my infinity to my brother in law.

How do you guys like your vivotabs?
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    I'm this close to buying a vivotab and sell my infinity to my brother in law.

How do you guys like your vivotabs?
    Are you thinking about the RT or the Pro? I've been eying it myself, but (like you) waiting for user reviews!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    496 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Are you thinking about the RT or the Pro? I've been eying it myself, but (like you) waiting for user reviews!
    I'm eyeing the RT. The pro version is over-priced and under-powered.

I'm giving up on android.

It is clear to me now that google has no intention of making android productive. They are focusing solely on the gaming side. I ain't got no game on my tablet! I need it to multi-task. I need it to write reports on one side of the screen while having a pdf opened on the other side of the screen while sitting on the train. And since google has made sure with their latest updates that softwares like cornerstone is impossible, it's time for me to move on.

I'm sure google will make loads of money making android into the best gaming experience. It's just not for me. I have windows 8 on my desktop with multi-touch 24 inch screen. I have a fairly good idea of how it will behave in a tablet. So far so good.

Regardless, I just ordered myself a TF600 bundle. If it works out, I will sell my infinity. If it doesn't, I'll return it. Or heck, I'll keep both.
    Last edited by goodintentions; 02-12-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    197 times
    Not too crazy about RT, it's fairly stripped down and limited compared to full Windows 8... but you can probably check out the XDA Developers forum, since they're working on jailbreaks and porting deskstop apps to work on RT... still in infancy but they've had some success so far...

Also watch out for quality control, some members have been reporting touch screen issues with Vivo Tabs for example...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    1 times
    RT just needs some basic apps.

A good mapping app, a blogging program like Microsoft live writer and a video player that works (apparently VLC is being manufactured as we speak).

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    496 times
    Anyone know if there is a button on the keyboard dock to disable the trackpad?

Added by edit.

Nevermind. It's the fn + F9 buttons that will disable/enable the trackpad.

It took me a mere 2 seconds to find that on the vivotab manual. Again, clear proof that tech reviewers don't know what they are talking about. I keep seeing over and over them complaining that it's too easy to accidentally touch the trackpad and mess up the typing.

I'm excited. Can't wait for my vivotab to get here. Windows 8 on my desktop with touchscreen has been an amazing experience. Hopefully, rt will have the same effect on a tablet. If not, I can always get that vaporware TF book if it ever comes out at all.
    Last edited by goodintentions; 02-13-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    MA83 likes this.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    Anyone know if there is a button on the keyboard dock to disable the trackpad?

Added by edit.

Nevermind. It's the fn + F9 buttons that will disable/enable the trackpad.

It took me a mere 2 seconds to find that on the vivotab manual. Again, clear proof that tech reviewers don't know what they are talking about. I keep seeing over and over them complaining that it's too easy to accidentally touch the trackpad and mess up the typing.

I'm excited. Can't wait for my vivotab to get here. Windows 8 on my desktop with touchscreen has been an amazing experience. Hopefully, rt will have the same effect on a tablet. If not, I can always get that vaporware TF book if it ever comes out at all.
    LOL! I hear ya on that sentiment. Apparently it's been released in Europe though. So, hopefully not too much longer for US.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    I would say, if you have the money, Get one of the better ones. I got my VivoTab Smart last week for $499+ extra costs. It is basically the same as the Model up (VivoTab) and they say the RT as well only, I recently discovered I was misinformed a little before my purchase. The site I reviewed lead me to believe that the standard ASUS VivoTab Smart was compatible with the mounting doc and keyboard. Also the VivoTab comes with a Pen and The (Smart), apparently cannot use one.

I think there is a Framework update and am trying to find it for download. Something like Uefi v2.3.1 from v2.3. Mine is running verry sluggish after toying with an emulator to try to run ForceEffect Motion since developers haven't made it available for Windows OS yet.

I did a system refresh and now I am having issues. Other than that mess; When I first got it and had all the updates installed the system ran very smooth and apps installed nice and ran well. Battery Life holds true to ASUS claim of avg. 8.5 hrs after first initial 8 hr charge.

If you guys that are thinking about a VivoTab have any question about the model I have feel free to ask. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    496 times
    My complaint about the vivotab smart is the keyboard is bluetooth and not a dock connection.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Lea
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    8 times
    goodintentions--you have me convinced about the Tab--any suggestions as where to buy it? I see it on Amazon 32GB for $372. And 64 GB for $499.
    What are you looking at?
    I just see
    ASUS VivoTab TF810C-C1-GR 11.6-Inch 64GB Tablet (Grey)
    It has an 11.8 inch screen! $799. at Best Buy!!!!
    Darn--I want a screen just a bit bigger than the TR300--and Smaller than the Sony 20" tablet.
    I would love to get back to Windows.
    Do you know any reason, but price, not to go with the 11.6 inch screen?
    Do you have any idea if it will run the game Second Life? No android viewer for it.
    Well, back to dreaming--)
    Lea
    TF 300 /Droid Razor Maxx/Kindle Fire and 2 Kindle keyboards
    Verizon Bluetooth keyboard (Android short cut keys)/Bluetooth Mouse
    Verizon Hotspot/Stylus

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads