Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    I got two different ME400C (one for me, and the other one for a friend), both from eBay.de

First thing I noticed is they had different partition schemes:
    -My ME400C had 2 32gb partitions and the recovery partition was between them. It is the full pack including transboard keyboard and office 2013 license (which didn't come with a serial number, so I can't use it).
    -My friend's ME400c had 1 64Gb partition and the recovery partition was at the end of the disk.

With my tablet, I couldn't access the bios, I couldn't find that option.
    So I decided to use my friend's image on my tablet.
    First thing I created a Windows recovery boot usb with his tablet. I chose the option to copy the recovery partition to the usb.
    Then I tried it on his tablet and it worked great (I could boot from the usb, and I had all recovery options available), but on my tablet it couldn't find the recovery partition.

So after that I installed all Windows updates (including Windows 8.1 upgrade), then I made a few boot disks and was able to make a full disk backup of both tablets using a Macrium Reflect Free boot CD with Windows 8 PE. I needed a usb hub a Y cable and an external usb dvd writer to boot, I haven't been able to boot from usb yet. I know I need a special efi32 boot usb disk, but I haven't spent so much time on it, I'll try later with rufus, clover or refind.

Finally I restored his Macrium Reflect image in my tablet and now they are fully cloned, so I only have one partition and I have the Bios and advanced boot options program working properly.

Could anyone boot from a microsd card? This would be ideal, as no usb stuff would be needed.
    Last edited by ramoncio; 06-25-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links