Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    No success as you could not turn them off or no success in that it didn't have the desired effect?

Usually, just save changes and exit/reset option to keep changes...
    Not turn them off AND no success for the desired effect.
    I can turn off "quiet boot" and "fast boot" bur after reboot always come elabled. This is the only thing that bios can´t let me modify.
    And after many tries can´t boot from usb bootable. :-(

Someone already boot from usb pen drive bootable in this or another vivotab ?

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    So the 2nd screen cap means you can turn it off but it doesn't stay that way when you reboot?

Problem is not many people have this tablet yet and even fewer are experimenting...

Did you try leaving the USB connected and changing the boot order? Or is it that the USB doesn't show up as an option at all?

Also, make sure no other devices but the USB you want to boot from is connected...

For the USB you're trying to boot, do you know if it is compliant with UEFI or BIOS? May require specific setup to work with UEFI even with Secure Boot disabled.

Can also check to see if there's any mode setting for "Legacy Boot" option? If there is then it will auto disable Secure Boot and work with a wider range bootable options...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Pipas,

Some questions for your tablet:

Does it come with any system DVD disks?

Is it possible to do a full system (c drive) backup? Build-in backup/restore application provided? Using third party software (like Acronis True Image Home 2013 trial version)?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    7 times
    I was thinking about getting this or tf810 to replace my viliv x70. Was hoping I can get more info first.

Can you connect this to a powered USB hub so you can connect ext drives (such as port dvd burner) to it? Maybe that will let you back up using software like acronis true image. I was thinking maybe installing win7, but was wondering if Asus provides the drivers on their site.

So the only way to charge is via the micro USB? That would b a real disadvantage as even powered USB hub won't provide that much power to charge it. On my viliv X70, I have a separate power plug.

I got another qquestion regarding the USB port on it. Do you use it to plug the vivo tab into your desktop which then see it as as USB drive and allow you to copy files to the tablet? I guess my real question is that does that one microusb port act as both a client and a server?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    I can confirm that the actual vivo tab (not smart or RT) can power an external hdd properly, whether via the adapter or the dock. Same goes for an external dvd enclosure with a laptop dvd drive.

As for booting from an external drive I couldn't do it either. I was hoping to make an image of the eMMC before the first boot, but I had to settle with a windows ''7'' backup image.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by year2012 View Post
    Hi Pipas,

Some questions for your tablet:

Does it come with any system DVD disks?

Is it possible to do a full system (c drive) backup? Build-in backup/restore application provided? Using third party software (like Acronis True Image Home 2013 trial version)?

Hi year2012. No DVD disks.
    System can be restored from a recovery partition. and its possible to create a bootable usb drive with the recovery partition and its possible too erase the internal Recovery partition to safe more available place.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone,

Already tried to install many so many 3th party gps aplication and no success!!!

Im Bored !!! the module BCM4751 (broadcom GNSS Geolocation Sensor) is useless !!!
    Except for using with maps (bing) from microsoft (which require internet connection)

Even try latest version microsoft autoroute 2013 supposedly compatible with Windows 8 and NOTHING !!!! :-(
    No aplication detect internal GPS module. This module don´t use a COM port.
    Last edited by Pipas; 01-21-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipas View Post
    Hello everyone,

Already tried to install many so many 3th party gps aplication and no success!!!

Im Bored !!! the module BCM4751 (broadcom GNSS Geolocation Sensor) is useless !!!
    Except for using with maps (bing) from microsoft (which require internet connection)

Even try latest version microsoft autoroute 2013 supposedly compatible with Windows 8 and NOTHING !!!! :-(
    No aplication detect internal GPS module. This module don´t use a COM port.

thanks for the warning. This kinda dash my hope of getting this to replace my viliv x70. I run a moving map program for flying as well as using igo map for nav. so until i find something hopefully from franson which output the gps data to a simulated com port, the GPS is unfortunately not very usable as most programs still use com port for gps data.

If this problem can be remedied, I would think about it because I need to also be able to run x86 software like ms office, etc. But till then..... guess will have to keep going with viliv x70 even if it's slow as hell..

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    For the GPS... Did you go into Control Panel and looked for "Location and Other Sensors" to check to be sure that the GPS is enabled?

Also, check the PC Settings for Privacy and see if "Let Apps Use My Location" is enabled? Along with any permissions for the App you're trying to use may need to be checked...

And the drivers for the GPS may also need updating...

Back to booting off a USB... This has been reported to work on the Samsung Ativ 500T, which is another Clover Trail Windows 8 tablet...

Create WinPE 4.0 Acronis True Image 2013 Plus Pack ISO | /// stealthfield

If it works for the Smart then it'll at least let you create a backup...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times
    Everytime I try Asus LiveUpdate it says "Cannot connect to server."

Somebody a clue?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links