Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by YaNKee View Post
    This is the most ridiculous thing. I rename the file to BLAHBLAH.123 and it copies over fine. When I leave it as BLAHBLAH.MKV it crashes the explorer immediately... makes no sense that it needs DIVX installed... it is a stupid M$ issue.

Did you actually read any of the links from my reply when you quoted it?

If you HAVE the DIVX codec installed you will encounter issues. Its not that it is required, but that if you have it, it will try and access the file while you are trying to copy it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    SOLVED!!!!!!

download ES file explorer from play store (its free)
    then put the video files that wont copy into a zip folder (any program will do but must be a .zip file type)

copy to android device, then using ES fie explorer extract the files to desired location
    and enjoy....

i recommend using the vlc beta version to play all file types on android devices works great and it free!!!

enjoy

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    38 times
    This is how i transfer files when connected to pc, I open my tf in one window then open another on the pc where all my music/movies are. Then i just drag them over too the relevent folder on my tf300... job done

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Plays MKV fine, but cant copy mkv files to Tablet via windows 7

If you want wifi file transfer at much higher speeds than you get with ES File Explorer, try Solid Explorer Beta 2. The transfer speeds are 5 times faster than ES File Explorer. It's on par with Airdroid, except you don't have to open a browser window on the other side. The entire file copy is initiated from the device.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    Padfone Infinity
    Liked
    6 times
    Now that other videos can be copied to Transformer, you can convert MKV to other format (MP4 preferred) and then copy the converted videos to Transformer tab.

MKV to Transformer Pad TF300 - Watch 1080p 720p MKV movies on Transformer Pad TF300

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cantoche View Post
    I have the same problem.

For me one solution: I rename files (I delete .mkv extension), copy it and I rename it on my tablet when transfer's done.
    Interestingly enough, that worked for me too.

One interesting point in all this is that when I plug my tablet into my laptop, the tablet's media files do not show up with thumbnail images, though they do on my laptop.

As for me, I'd toss this back into Microsoft's camp, Windows Explorer should NOT crash. Period. At least it should throw some kind of useful error.

I'm for digging into this a bit more.

Jim (J.R.)

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by jharris1993 View Post
    Interestingly enough, that worked for me too.

One interesting point in all this is that when I plug my tablet into my laptop, the tablet's media files do not show up with thumbnail images, though they do on my laptop.

As for me, I'd toss this back into Microsoft's camp, Windows Explorer should NOT crash. Period. At least it should throw some kind of useful error.

I'm for digging into this a bit more.

Jim (J.R.)
    Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Even though Explorer is what crashes, it is actually the video codec you have installed to play MKV files on your computer that is causing the issue.

Windows itself does not support MKV files, so in order for it to handle them (which also handles the thumbnail images in Windows Explorer), a codec needs to be installed. With Explorer crashing it is the codec that isn't doing everything correctly.

By renaming the file-extension, the codec that is causing the issue will no longer recognize the file type and thus it will not do what it does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links