Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

What type of video formats does the TF101 play?

Hi all,

sorry for the noob question. I did a quick search via google, and the forums and could not find anything on the type of file formats my ASUS EEE PAD TF101 can play. (I know its a dinosaur, but I don't use my tablet that often and up until the past year I finally got it working again. Due to one cat eating the charging cable and two my wonderful and helpful hubby deleted DCIM files and messed it up. Thanks to this forum I fixed it last night and the android dude is no longer on his back with the red ! mark. YAY)

I will run you through quickly what my end game is. I have a 16 month old boy that will only stop being a Tasmanian devil when Toy Story is playing. We have a 6 hour flight for a vacation coming up and I am trying to load the movie onto my tablet so he can watch it and not put us on the no fly list. The file format I have for the movie is MP4 and x264 (downloaded from YIFY torrents) It does not play on the ASUS video file. I have tried downloading from the play store a multitude of video players that claims to play all formats (including MX video.) but all I get is sound, no picture when I play. I transferred the file from my computer by coping it from the folder it is in on my computer and pasting it in the "movies" folder in the Transformer file when plugged into my computer.

My question to you is what file format do I need to convert this to to play it. I also how should I go about converting the file?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    670 times
    Did you download the 720p version? That's the highest the TF101 can display anyway, the file size is smaller and will make later conversion faster.
    Don't know how these movies download but many video players have problems with MKV movies. Your tablet is perfectly fine playing mp4 movies, it may be the file container that's the problem.
    You could try to install DicePlayer, all necessary codeces and I believe they also offer a Tegra 2 plugin from Play but my recommendation would be to convert the movies on your PC to a Transformer friendly format.
    AnyVideo Converter is great for that.
    Install it on your PC then under the "Convert to" drop down choose the Android symbol, and look under "Android Tablets" for "Asus Eee Pad Transformer MP4 movie".
    That should do it and keep that little rascal happy..
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Android 7 Nougat/Google Fi stock (for now)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Its a 1080P version. Forgot about the HD quality thing. I know yify has a 720 I can download. I just did the 1080 because we have been playing it on our TV. Thanks mate. Will try a lower quality download see if that works. I thought for sure it did MP4 and H264 never thought of the 1080 being the issue.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links