Thread: Full hd youtube

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Full hd youtube

Hi, i'm new in this forum and i would like some help with my new asus tf700t. My problem is that i can't see full hd videos from youtube because there's no option to select the resolution. Shoul i root the tablet, or maybe some aplication can solve my problem? Tanks for the help!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

There should be the option you are looking for in the YouTube app. I'm not a frequent YouTube user - but if memory serves, normally there is an icon which is shown on the screen which says either "HQ/HD" or "SQ/SD" which toggles between standard definition/quality and high(er) definition / quality.

At a guess, I would say you can set up a default in the app / YouTube account settings, as well.

My other comment would be that if by full HD you mean 1080p, then I didn't think that YouTube streamed that - but I could be totally wrong on that point Certainly rooting isn't going to be of any help to you as everything that Google's YouTube service offers is fully available to you on Google's Android OS without you needing to root a device (which simply means getting full administrative access to the OS on your device)

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 07-23-2013 at 03:08 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    If you are using the YouTube app the feature is aan HD icon in lower left wothna red line underneath, when tapped the line disappears and you are now playing SD. If you have flash and are viewing on the web, the process is slightly different but it is one of ythe icomns on the bottom bar (maybe a gear icon)

Hope that helped

GT
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

There should be the option you are looking for in the YouTube app. I'm not a frequent YouTube user - but if memory serves, normally there is an icon which is shown on the screen which says either "HQ/HD" or "SQ/SD" which toggles between standard definition/quality and high(er) definition / quality.

At a guess, I would say you can set up a default in the app / YouTube account settings, as well.

My other comment would be that if by full HD you mean 1080p, then I didn't think that YouTube streamed that - but I could be totally wrong on that point Certainly rooting isn't going to be of any help to you as everything that Google's YouTube service offers is fully available to you on Google's Android OS without you needing to root a device (which simply means getting full administrative access to the OS on your device)

All the best
    Your memory is ok! The button HQ/HD is shown on the screen, but when i activate it doesn't make any difference in the cuality of the video, i've been thinking in use other aplication for youtube, what do you think?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    If you are using the YouTube app the feature is aan HD icon in lower left wothna red line underneath, when tapped the line disappears and you are now playing SD. If you have flash and are viewing on the web, the process is slightly different but it is one of ythe icomns on the bottom bar (maybe a gear icon)

Hope that helped

GT
    The same problem that i've tell to janner43, the button is activated but it doesn't make any difference, any suggestion?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Is the video you are watching available in HD? Some videos are only available in 240/360/480p. Others have 720/1080p. Try looking at it in a desktop web browser with html5 or Flash to see.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Is the video you are watching available in HD? Some videos are only available in 240/360/480p. Others have 720/1080p. Try looking at it in a desktop web browser with html5 or Flash to see.
    Yes i've check that, all the videos look great in my desktop pc but in the tablet aren't. I recently dowload flash player and use the browser preinstalled, the video starts whit the resolution set at 1080p but still not HD.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links