Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Question QQ about MP4 FHD video created on Panasonic Lumix ZS-19 camera and played on TF700T

I have a TF700T pad, running Android 4.1.1

I am having some of the same issues with video play back jerkiness on video MP4 files that I noticed talked about on other threads, but instead of it being movies that I have downloaded, or ripped, I have shot them on my Panasonic Lumix ZS-19 camera in movie mode.

When shooting video on my Panasonic camera, I have two format choices which are supposed to be compatible with the TF700T: Both are MP4

One is called MP4 FHD which is in 1920 by 1080 format. Frame rate 29 fps, bit rate 125 kpbs
    The other is MP4 HD, which is 1280 by 720 format. Frame rate 29 fps, bit rate 125 kpbs
    (Note: The file size of the MP4 HD 1280 by 720 file is approximately one half of MP4 FHD 1920 by 1080 for comparable time of recording.)

Now, it seems to me, that the MP4 FHD 1920 by 1080 format should be perfectly balanced to the TF700T display, but the picture play back from either a class 10 SD chip, or on the internal memory, is jerky. It plays fine for 2 to 3 seconds and then hiccups/jerks, as if the processor can not keep up with the video production out put. Audio seems ok.

Using the MP4 HD, 1280 by 780 format, the video plays smoothly, like I was expecting from the 1920 by 1080.

Is this normal, and what I should expect?

Now, maybe the 1280 by 720 is the best I can hope for, but want to be sure that is the case. There is some loss of video quality from the 1920 by 1080, but I guess I can live with it, although disappointed with this result.

Both formats play perfectly on my Toshiba lap top or in the camera with output to a TV.

Just curious if there is anything else I am missing, on why this 1920 by 1080 doesn't work as smoothly as I expected. Is there another Video player AP I should be using instead of the one that come standard with the Picture gallery?

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    mvh

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    38 times
    Welcome mvh, The stock video app isn`t the greatest by any means. There are quite a few more advanced players in the app store...

Examples
    MX Player
    Dice player
    V player
    BS player
    FLV player

& Some others i probably have not listed, I suspect one will do what you want...
    Its mind over matter - What does it matter never mind - by me

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks I will check one of those out. Do you have any preferences of the 5? What you seem to be saying, is what I see (jerky playback of 1920 by 1080) is what i get until I upgrade to something else. Gotcha! Thanks for your reply.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks I will check one of those out. Do you have any preferences of the 5? What you seem to be saying, is what I see (jerky playback of 1920 by 1080) is what i get until I upgrade to something else. Gotcha! Thanks for your reply.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    38 times
    Sorry about the late reply, Most swear by MX player. My personal favourite is Dice player...

Its a good idea to have 2 or 3 different players installed because of the various file formats... Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Cattblue; 11-23-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Its mind over matter - What does it matter never mind - by me

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Not a problem. It is the holidays, after all! Appreciate the comeback. I will down load MX, and check it out. Thanks much. I have also downloaded VLC which is in beta for android, so will be interested in how well it works. I have also tried Dice player, but still getting some jerky play back, so not sure why yet. I think something else must be going on. Guess I will just keep experimenting.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links