Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Video Catalyst (aka DVD Catalyst) Guide Collection (DVD, Video, Bluray)

dvdcatalyst

Lightbulb Video Catalyst (aka DVD Catalyst) Guide Collection (DVD, Video, Bluray)

I posted a couple of guides on my website that can be used to get movies on the Transformer. They cover the most asked questions I receive on forums as well as by email, so I figured it would be easier to collect them into a single post.

Sample videos.

Using the correct settings for your videos (such as what DVD Catalyst 4 uses for the conversion), even the TF101 is fully capable of playing 1080p videos, such as these:

darkknightrises-tlr1_h1080p.mp4

expendables2-tlr2_h1080p.mp4

thehobbit-tlr1_h1080p.mp4

For a Getting Started Guide, have a look here:

Transformer TF101

Transformer TF201

Transformer TF300

Transformer TF700

Bluray:

For a guide on how to use DVD Catalyst with Bluray:

DVD Catalyst

Full screen:

How to get your movies to play in full-screen (remove black borders):

https://www.tools4movies.com/black-borders/

Streaming video.

Rather than copying videos over to your Transformer, you can stream them from your computer using a (free) streaming server application:

https://www.tools4movies.com/mp4-str...-server-guide/

DVD Catalyst 4 runs on your (Windows) computer, and converts your movies from DVD, MKV, ISO, VOB etc to MP4 video files that are perfectly optimized for playback on your tablet. They are formatted to work with hardware decoding, so no additional software (such as a video player app) is needed on your Transformer (or MemoPad) to play the videos.

While offering the best possible quality, smallest file-sizes, DVD Catalyst is currently on sale for only $9.95.

For more information, visit the website at www.tools4movies.com
    Last edited by dvdcatalyst; 10-04-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: updated links

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Thanks for posting. I have been using your guide on the Xoom forum to help people out here. This should be very helpful to our members.
    dvdcatalyst likes this.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Thanks for posting. I have been using your guide on the Xoom forum to help people out here. This should be very helpful to our members.
    Thank you.

I'll try and add more when I run into other things people ask about, but these are the main ones.

Especially the full-screen article (together with screen resolution) is one I always get asked about.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just bought the latest DVD Catalyst (4.1.1.0), so with this version, there were plenty of Transformer Options to choose from, instead of going with the Xoom option above. Which is the best to use for my TF101 for a standard DVD as well as a BlueRay DVD? Any Help is Appreciated. Thanks

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by KDogg49 View Post
    I just bought the latest DVD Catalyst (4.1.1.0), so with this version, there were plenty of Transformer Options to choose from, instead of going with the Xoom option above. Which is the best to use for my TF101 for a standard DVD as well as a BlueRay DVD? Any Help is Appreciated. Thanks
    Thank you,

for DVDs, using the standard "Transformer" profile will produce great looking video,

if you convert Bluray, use HQ1 (slow movies like romance) or HQ2 for fast (action/racing etc) movies.

olc
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm new to the TF, which I've had less than a week. Does DVD Catalyst work with files already ripped to my hard drive with AnyDVD or DVDFab?

And after conversion, where do I put the result? In which tablet folder? Can I put it on a micro sd card or on a USB device connected to the dock?

I have tried making mkv and mp4 files and when I click on them in a file manager, it says no appropriate app is found.

Is there a particular mkv player app you prefer or recommend?

A newbie wants to know:-)

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by olc View Post
    I'm new to the TF, which I've had less than a week. Does DVD Catalyst work with files already ripped to my hard drive with AnyDVD or DVDFab?

And after conversion, where do I put the result? In which tablet folder? Can I put it on a micro sd card or on a USB device connected to the dock?

I have tried making mkv and mp4 files and when I click on them in a file manager, it says no appropriate app is found.

Is there a particular mkv player app you prefer or recommend?

A newbie wants to know:-)
    Hi Olc, congrats on getting a TF, and welcome to the forums,

DVD Catalyst works with files you already have. It can work directly from (commercial) DVDs without the need of anything extra, but it can also converts ISO's and DVD folders created using AnyDVD/DVDfab.
    It also works with unprotected video files such as AVI/MKV etc.

After the conversion is complete, you can copy the video file to the TF's internal memory or to an SD card. You can create your own folders, or use the existing ones on there for movies.

For playback, the files DVD Catalyst creates play best using a "hardware" enabled video player. Personally I prefer to use my own Android app, MovieGallery (free and paid version available in the market) which enables you to use your own cover images to sort your movies. MovieGallery 1.3 | Tools4Movies

but you can also use the "Gallery" app on your TF, and it will find the movies as well.

For MKV, supposedly Dice Player is one of the better ones, however, because most MKV's you can find are created using settings that don't work well with the Tegra2, you might encounter playback issues. MP4 files created using DVD Catalyst are fully compatible with Tegra 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So will DVD Cat allow me to convert a DVD I purchased from say Blockbuster and convert it so I can copy it to the external SD then play it on my TF101?

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by gdog View Post
    So will DVD Cat allow me to convert a DVD I purchased from say Blockbuster and convert it so I can copy it to the external SD then play it on my TF101?
    Hi gdog,

Yes, it can convert those.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yep. just used the trial version and confirmed....purchasing shortly
    Thanks
    G
    dvdcatalyst likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads