Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

movie playback issues

I recently purchased a 300T which is running ICS. This is the 3rd tablet in our household and the other 2 tablets play .avi with no problems. For me, when I can get a player to play them ( v player, mx player, mobo player), they stop playing approximately every 7 minutes. I started playing them from a class 4 sdhc then upgraded to a class 10 but the problem still persists. I also tried moving the file to my device but that did not help. The last straw was to use the recommended settings for video and I recoded a new digital copy in .mp4. It did not resolve the problem either.

Any suggestions?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum Krista

You seem to be having issues everywhere so it would seem that your TF is gummed up. A hard reset should fix it. Nothing will be lost using the instructions in the link below. If it doesn't help we can go with plan B.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by kristajaye View Post
    I recently purchased a 300T which is running ICS. This is the 3rd tablet in our household and the other 2 tablets play .avi with no problems. For me, when I can get a player to play them ( v player, mx player, mobo player), they stop playing approximately every 7 minutes. I started playing them from a class 4 sdhc then upgraded to a class 10 but the problem still persists. I also tried moving the file to my device but that did not help. The last straw was to use the recommended settings for video and I recoded a new digital copy in .mp4. It did not resolve the problem either.

Any suggestions?
    When you moved the files from one card to another, or to your device, did you use the original file on your computer to put it on there, or did you take the files off of your class4 and moved it from there to the other card or device memory?

When you try and play the video files from the card on your computer (the file that was copied over), or take the card out of the Transformer and stick it in one of your other tablets, does it play properly then?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    After 2 hard resets, I am now at almost 30 minutes of my test using BSplayer in HW accelerated mode (the test is still running). First hard reset stopped at 14 min on the sd card and 20 min on the tablet. I have not tried to play my test file with the 3 players I mentioned earlier, mostly because I was fed up with them after trying to fix the problem. I was reading around in the forums and quite a few people had recommended BSplayer so I figured I would give it a try.

For dvdcatalyst: The files have always been transferred from computer to computer using a class 10 sd card, or from computer to sd card. The files will play on a laptop or on a gingerbread or honeycomb tablet. I downloaded the dvd catalyst 4 trial a few minutes ago and have already made a copy to try out.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links