Thread: TF201 - Microphone recording quality

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Question TF201 - Microphone recording quality

Hello Gang, I introduced myself about 2 weeks ago and asked for some help. Heard nothing back.. So, I will try again.. Maybe I will have better luck this time..

I LOVE my Transformer EXCEPT for these two issues..

1.) I absolutely barely, and sometimes cannot at all, see the red record or red button to take a picture or video outside because of the glaring glare.. And of course it is difficult to see what picture or video I am taking.

I even bought the Caseen Antiglare/Antifingerprints mentioned on this forum and it does NOT help with the outside glare at all...

Can anyone help with this issue? Maybe I do not have camera or video settings right, or screen settings? Any recommendations for these settings for outdoor pictures/video's? Any suggestions to help with the glare outside would be much appreciated..

2.) I had asked for help on audio playback.. Heard nothing back..
    The audio playback is very low. I followed the forums advice and tried Volume+ and Equalizer.. Equalizer is better of the 2, but not really sufficient to boost the sound.. Settings are at max in volume control in "settings" under "apps"

The audio playback on recorded videos is even worse. Using the built in microphone, I have a heavy duty lisp. It is as if the "S's" are veing OVERLY "punctuated".. I mean it is awful, I sound like I am missing my front teeth!

So, I went out and bought a headset with a microphone to see if it would resolve the lispy playback, and guess what - it does! BUT - the audio playback after recording with the mic plugged in is soooo low, it is near unhearable for me playing back, when emailing the video, the complaints are they cant really hear the video's audio.

Is there a mic APP or a setting to fix the very very low audio playback on videos.?

Is the LISPY video audio playback when using internal built in microphone a DEFECT of my unit? Is anyone else having this issue? I searched the forum for lispy video audio playback and cant find anything, so I am wondering if I have a defect??
    If so, how do I fix it? Or will I need to return it?

Thanks for ANYONE that can help with the above issues...

Cindy

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Hi Cindy,

I'm sorry to say that the issues you describe are pretty much what I would expect. Outside, the tf is very subject to screen reflections & being unable to see because of the brightness is a fact of life with all backlit devices. The sound quality - or lack thereof - has been mentioned regularly in tf reviews.

To be honest, IMHO, tablet cameras & video/photo work with them is at best average & only of use for the simplest of indoor (or well shaded) use.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    902 times
    Cindy- I'm afraid I haven't used the video capabilities of the TF,so really can't help you there. I haven't had the same problem with the audio, if it is still too low using Volume+, I have used ear buds or external speakers. I'll bring your plight to the attention of the Rescue Squad!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Sorry your previous post was not answered, quite possibly because there is no real fix or noone had any suggestions to help.

The screen that turns into a 500 mirror when you take it outside is a problem with everyones screen, they have addressed the problem with the TF 2 which does not really help us, but you are right to try screen protectors, some have better results than others

For the volume, I`m not sure how low you feel is low - the TF is not loud by any means, but if you play a music track you should be able to hear it in another room next to the one the TF is playing from, that is my experience anyway.

Some apps seem louder than others, and there is a problem with some TFs where one speaker is louder than the other, and up to now unfortunately the only fix is to root the TF and edit the sound config file manually.
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Audio Volume

Have the same problem with the audio level on my TF. In a totally quiet room, it is barley audible when turned up all the way. Am hoping ICS provides better handling of the audio track, and that it's not a hardware issue in the design of the TF. Like you, I've tried the different apps, but they are at best a minor improvement. This is definitely not an Android issue, but a TF issue that Asus should address.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Regarding the audio issue, I had two transformers. The first one had a issue so I returned it. The replacement one had the audio issue. The original one speakers wore loud and clear. The second one sucked. It felt when I held the tablet the sound instantly muted.

Might be you have a defective unit as well.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Cindy,

No clue how your first plea for help got by as you can see everyone here is likes to help out! Anyway in my opinion your 2 issues are not fixable on the Transformer 1. But I see you joined us in December so I strongly encourage you to return your Transformer for the Transformer Prime that is just now coming out as it addresses both of your complaints very well. I will provide a link in a minute so you can read all about it for yourself.

The only problem that you will probably have is getting one. They are coming out in batches and it could take you a couple months to locate one.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...html#post88790

And the follow up article is a must read as it discusses the screen outdoors and the volume.

AnandTech - ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime Review Part II: Battery Life & More
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you everyone that has answered this time around... So the low audio and glaring screen outdoors sounds like a common issue and the Prime Transformer
    should fix these two issues.. Hopefully it will not cost much more and I can do an exchange...

But, has anyone experienced the problem with the lispyness when playing back recorded video made using internal microphone? Sounds like missing teeth
    (and I have my teeth .. LOL) because something really pronounces/punctuates the S's... it is embarrassing sending a video..

Otherwise, I am sooo happy with my first Tablet! ASUS ROCKS! Cindy

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Could you be talking too loud / close for the mic ?

Try moving away from the TF a bit or talking quieter and see if it still distorts
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I agree. I have used the mic to record meetings and they have sounded very good, every time. It doesn't make sense but could you possible have something covering the mic?
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links