Thread: TF103 Battery Discharge Problem Seemingly Fixed

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    2 times

TF103 Battery Discharge Problem Seemingly Fixed

I was having terrible battery life. I was not getting 24 hours on a full charge. I tried replacing the battery. Helped some, not much. Someone suggested that I might not be going into sleep mode properly. ( I use a cover with the magnets). I downloaded a screen off and lock widget app rather than using the off button. I has made a great difference. I am getting at least 2 days with considerable use. Thought I would share my experience.
    LikesCookies and willieram like this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Thanks for your post, but in all honesty, what you have "discovered" isn't really new. Ensuring that radio connections and the screen are all off when you are not using your device is essential to battery life - always has been.

The implication that you are abusing your battery by allowing it to fully drain between charging cycles is not recommended - unless you enjoy paying for replacement batteries, that is...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus1330 View Post
    I was having terrible battery life. I was not getting 24 hours on a full charge. I tried replacing the battery. Helped some, not much. Someone suggested that I might not be going into sleep mode properly. ( I use a cover with the magnets). I downloaded a screen off and lock widget app rather than using the off button. I has made a great difference. I am getting at least 2 days with considerable use. Thought I would share my experience.
    There was an earlier noted problem with battery life that was discovered to be linked to a chipset in the keyboard dock that didn't support the firmware update and would not allow the unit to go to sleep. The solution is to switch out the chipset. A call to Asus this morning resulted in then offering to charge me $296 for the RMA since my unit is more than a year old. This was after being on hold and hung up on after 20 minutes during the first call. Too bad they don't stand behind their faulty designs.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TLovelace View Post
    There was an earlier noted problem with battery life that was discovered to be linked to a chipset in the keyboard dock that didn't support the firmware update and would not allow the unit to go to sleep. The solution is to switch out the chipset. A call to Asus this morning resulted in then offering to charge me $296 for the RMA since my unit is more than a year old. This was after being on hold and hung up on after 20 minutes during the first call. Too bad they don't stand behind their faulty designs.
    I own multiple Asus tablets, TF701t, T100, Multiple Memo Pads and more recently the TF103C. I have to admit of all those Asus tablets the TF103 seems very poor. I'm on my 3rd one and on this last one that I have, the battery life just seems terrible in comparison to the others. The TF701t which is a very similar Android version and the T100 is the very similar Windows version, both of them are way better than the TF103C on battery life. The TF701t has a much higher resolution screen with much better life. Go figure.

The 1st TF103C, I had the top 1/3rd of the touch screen stopped working. I replaced that with a TF103CE and out of the box it had no sound and would not playback any media. Suspect some kind of H/W problem. Took that one back and replaced with another TF103CE and this one works but the battery life is awful and I'm currently struggling through the recent Android changes where I can't copy any files to my external microSD card and get frequent shut down and reboots while using any of my media streaming apps like iHeart radio, Stitcher, and Media Monkey.

Looking at the Battery usage meter, the "Android OS" seems to be the item chewing away the battery life where on my TF103CE which I just charged to 100% shows Android OS usage=7%, Screen=2%, and Wifi=1%. So it seems a little odd that the OS is using that much more than the screen and Wifi which are typically 2 of the largest at consuming battery life. Maybe this is all because of latest Android 5.0 OS or it could be hardware related?
    Last edited by Rednroll; 08-26-2016 at 12:09 AM.
    Transformer Book T100TA (T100TA-C1-GR,CPU:Baytrail Z3740 1.3Ghz,64GB,BIOS:313,WIN 8.1)
    Transformer Pad TF701t (K00C,CPU:Tegra 4 1.9Ghz,32GB,Android 4.4.2)
    Transform Pad TF103CE (CPU: Baytrail-T Z3745 1.33Ghz,16GB,Android 5.0)
    (4)MeMO Pad HD7 (ME173X/ME173L,CPU:MediaTek MT8125 1.2GHz,16/8GB,Android 4.2.2)
    Ultrabook 15.6 (N53SN,CPU:Core i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz,750GB,Win7 Ult 64bit)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Could you kindly share the app you installed?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links