Thread: [SOLVED] TF103 - Help needed to upgrade firmware manually

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nutotab View Post
    Hi-I used the .zip extension on the 143 and 144 incremental updates using adb sideload, the 141 didn't require it. The tablet said it was on 144 but would not take the lollipop update until I followed the directions in aslezaks' post. Good Luck-I'll keep checking back to see if I can help. PS I used the 3 updates first(adb)-then added the partitions from the signed 144(aslezaks' method)then moved lollipop uodate to internal storage.
    Well thanks to you and aslezaks I got it so far up to 144 with the signed file and the method he mentioned and flashing it. I didn't bother doing the 143 update. I downloaded the lollipop official firmware unzipped it into the root directory. The tablet finally said there was an update, I did the update then it rebooted with just a dead robot. I rebooted again and then it was stuck at the Asus welcome screen. So luckily I did the same flash of the zip file and it recovered it back to 144. So now I'm going to let it do all it's app updates first, then put the official firmware file on a sd card and see what happens. I'll let you know how I make out. I'm not sure why I would get the dead robot after it detected the lollipop update and it tried to update... a little strange.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    2 times
    SOLVED....well thanks to this site and thanks to you guys I'm at Lollipop on my TF103C. The methods mentioned above worked. I just waited until all my apps updated and then loaded Lollipop from the SD card and this morning it's all up and working. So many thanks after so many frustrations of trying different ways to get this updated. Pretty much all came down to that firmware file on the the asus site not being quite right. So the new signed 144 file and method should be added to the guide perhaps..just a thought.

Thanks again guys...nutolab and aslezaks
    janner43 and nutotab like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    BTW for those with a TF103C (intel) the answer is fairly simple and you don't need to read through all this previous posts. Here is what you do if you are at stock 4.x

1. get to the 144 build of KK. This came through OTA for me but your mileage may vary there is another post with manual instructions but if you reset to factory the OTA should come and get you there.
    a. Settings->About->Software should contain something like WW-2_2_33_144
    2. Download the Lollipop build zip from Asus Downloads.
    a. Mine looked like WW-12_10_5_11
    3. the Zip file has a zip file in it that you need to extract, do not extract any further.
    a. mine went from UL-K010-WW-12_10_5_11-user.zip and extracted to UL-K010-WW-12.10.5.11-user.zip (notice the change in name, the second file with the dots is zipped in the first file with underscores)
    4. You will need a microsd and the extracted zip file and copy the extracted zip to the root of the microsd.
    5. reboot to recovery by holding vol up while starting tablet which takes you to droid boot and then select recovery.
    6. You will end up in recovery and it will say no command and look like it is done but it isn't, now you need press both the vol up and vol down keys together and hold for a few seconds and you will get to a menu
    a. from the menu run the Wipe Cache and Factory reset commands run both and run Reboot Command with the microsd card in.
    7. Run through the setup wizard and get to the normal android desktop and in the notifications area you will see a triangle and it will say an update is available click that and it will start the upgrade.

Make sure you are at 90% battery as this took a good 20 minutes to complete and if you don't know that doing this will erase everything on the tablet (apps and data) then I can't help you. This worked for me as I have the TF103C Intel based Android tablet if you don't have this tablet then it probably won't work. I'm no expert so don't ask me anything beyond what I've given to you here but this at least clears up some things that no one else put all in one place for this particular tablet. Good Luck

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    In the manuals section of the Asus Tf103C firmware update site is a section called:
    Version V1.1
    There is no other information in that section other than a file to be downloaded.

The file when downloaded is called TF103C_Device_Firmware_Update_to_Lollipop_SOP.pdf and contains a really simple method to upgrade to Lollipop. It's worked a charm for me just now.

Hope this helps!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    I found a much easier solution. When you download the file UL-K010-WW-2_2_33_144-user.zip off the Asus website, they simply forgot to put the zip inside another zip. Instead of having to go into recovery mode and connect it to a computer, etc, all you need to do is rename it to UL-K010-WW-2.2.33.144-user.zip (change all the underscores between numbers into periods). Put it in the root directory and reboot the tablet and it will now recognize it as an authorized update file. The only problem with it is the filename is wrong.

You can only apply the Lollipop update UL-K010-WW-12_10_5_11-user.zip after installing the update above, which is KitKat even though the update was added more recently. They probably put it there to make sure the tablet is ready for Lollipop, the little Android guy keels over dead if you try to install this one without the other one. This one is a zip inside a zip, so you don't rename this one, you extract the internal zip file UL-K010-WW-12.10.5.11-user.zip and put it in the root directory. I did not have to clear the cache or factory reset it, but the tablet was "brand new" (I bought it on deep clearance last year and never opened it until now). Maybe if it's been used a lot it might need to be reset. The Lollipop update looked "stuck" a few times, but it finished in about half an hour.

Might want to stick this in the top reply or in one of the stickied threads since it seems like a common question!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links