Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [SOLVED] TF103 - Help needed to upgrade firmware manually

  1. #11
    Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12453
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Posts
    13,919
    Liked
    2811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by viperpiper View Post
    Just tried the Volume - and Power On and ended up in "safe mode". Not much luck with it I have to say. It's a stubborn tablet to work with. I find it confusing that Asus provides firmware updates for this but why will they not even officially support them. Very strange. Wouldn't it make sense to push out the 144 and Lollipop update as an OTA.
    Try these steps...
    1) From Recovery, clear the system cache
    2) Check settings apps all - see if you have two apps. CMclient & DMclient. If you do, then clear cache, clear data & force close
    3) From Recovery again clear the system cache
    4) Try checking for an OTA update again,

    PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

    Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

    Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

    Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

    Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

  2. #12
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90211
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Tablet
    TF103
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi-I have recently purchased a tf103 and have axactly the same problem as Andy_Osset and Viperpiper-I can't update to WW-2_2_33_144 so I can get Lollipop from there. I'm on 138 and can't get ota updates and this tablet doesn't recognise the 144 update no matter where I put it. I get into recovery easily. I would appreciate any advise-thank you

  3. #13
    Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12453
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Posts
    13,919
    Liked
    2811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nutotab View Post
    Hi-I have recently purchased a tf103 and have axactly the same problem as Andy_Osset and Viperpiper-I can't update to WW-2_2_33_144 so I can get Lollipop from there. I'm on 138 and can't get ota updates and this tablet doesn't recognise the 144 update no matter where I put it. I get into recovery easily. I would appreciate any advise-thank you
    Welcome to the forum

    Follow the advice given in the posts above...

    Let us know how you get on.
    Does ADB work for you?
    What about the suggestions in Posts #9 & #11?

    PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

    Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

    Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

    Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

    Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

  4. #14
    Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12453
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Posts
    13,919
    Liked
    2811 times
    It's a long thread to trawl through, but is there anything here that might help you guys... You'll have to wade through it, because a lot of it is about rooting, but you never know...
    [Q] Asus Transformer Pad TF103C Tablet - Roo… | Android Development and Hacking

    This, for example...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=56

    And, just in case...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-asus-t3106719

    Good luck & do let us know how you get on.

    PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

    Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

    Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

    Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

    Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

  5. #15
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90121
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

    Follow the advice given in the posts above...

    Let us know how you get on.
    Does ADB work for you?
    What about the suggestions in Posts #9 & #11?
    When I get a moment I'll try some of the other methods and let you know if I can get it to 144 at least. I did try the ADB method but got the file auth. error at the end of the loading. So I guess it would have to be rooted for that case. Anyways I'll update once I try the other methods. Frustrating, especially when these are actual files provided by Asus for this tablet and it's so stubborn to update.

    On a side note...anyone get a bit of mouse jitter when you have your finger kind of resting on the mousepad ? Not moving the mouse....just curious.

  6. #16
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90211
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Tablet
    TF103
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi-thank you for your response-I can do the suggestion in post #11 but still have no luck-I will try ADB again and I'm reading through the threads you provided in post #14. I will update soon-thanks so much for your help
    janner43 likes this.

  7. #17
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90121
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    2 times
    Well I did what was suggested for the OTA updates but that didn't do anything and I didn't really expect it too for the 144 and Lollipop patches. These have to be done manually according to the ASUS website. I did try the Root zenfone app, in fact several versions and this doesn't work either for whatever reason (yes my wifi was off and in airplane mode before root). So I'm completely at a loss. I did read that others were not able to root anymore with the zenfone app as well after a certain firmware level. The root option would have been nice then I think I could of flashed it using ADB without the signature error. Very frustrating the entire experience, it's not like I'm loading non OEM firmware on this tablet.

  8. #18
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90211
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Tablet
    TF103
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi-I've had success thanks to this forum! I was stuck on 138. I was able to update to 141 then 143 and 144 using adb sideload. These incremental files are in posts #106 and #107 of the first thread(root) janner43 suggested. Then luckily today aslezak posted a solution-post #12 in the "adb sideload update ota zip" thread in this forums development section. After flashing new partitions I was then able to update to lollipop by moving the 2nd zip file to the internal storage. I'd be happy to be more specific if it will help. Thanks again!
    janner43 likes this.

  9. #19
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90121
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nutotab View Post
    Hi-I've had success thanks to this forum! I was stuck on 138. I was able to update to 141 then 143 and 144 using adb sideload. These incremental files are in posts #106 and #107 of the first thread(root) janner43 suggested. Then luckily today aslezak posted a solution-post #12 in the "adb sideload update ota zip" thread in this forums development section. After flashing new partitions I was then able to update to lollipop by moving the 2nd zip file to the internal storage. I'd be happy to be more specific if it will help. Thanks again!
    Thanks for the help... this sounds promising. Now I have the incremental files you mentioned... I actually didn't have the 143 file. Now how did you avoid the signature fail message that I got before doing the ADB sideload method ? I also read the other link that aslezak posted with the signed 144 zip file and his explanation of why that error occurs. Mine is stuck at 141...would I not have to update to a signed version of 143 then use the 144 signed...then onto the lollipop Asus official firmware.

    If you can just clear up for me what files you used ...I'll give it a whirl with ADB again and let you know if I can get any updates on this beyond 141...thanks in advance..

  10. #20
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90211
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Tablet
    TF103
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by viperpiper View Post
    Thanks for the help... this sounds promising. Now I have the incremental files you mentioned... I actually didn't have the 143 file. Now how did you avoid the signature fail message that I got before doing the ADB sideload method ? I also read the other link that aslezak posted with the signed 144 zip file and his explanation of why that error occurs. Mine is stuck at 141...would I not have to update to a signed version of 143 then use the 144 signed...then onto the lollipop Asus official firmware.

    If you can just clear up for me what files you used ...I'll give it a whirl with ADB again and let you know if I can get any updates on this beyond 141...thanks in advance..
    Hi-I used the .zip extension on the 143 and 144 incremental updates using adb sideload, the 141 didn't require it. The tablet said it was on 144 but would not take the lollipop update until I followed the directions in aslezaks' post. Good Luck-I'll keep checking back to see if I can help. PS I used the 3 updates first(adb)-then added the partitions from the signed 144(aslezaks' method)then moved lollipop uodate to internal storage.
    Last edited by nutotab; 05-17-2016 at 05:06 PM.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 06-08-2017, 08:28 PM
  2. Help needed after ROM upgrade..
    By GullaIce in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Development
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 01:59 PM
  3. [SOLVED] Lots of issues with my new TF103
    By JohnMcD348 in forum Asus Transformer TF103 Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 12:25 PM
  5. Firmware Upgrade and Google Maps Upgrade did not cure Wi-Fi woes
    By Bama29 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Search tags for this page

asus tf103 firmware

,
asus transformer tf103c 4.4 updates
,
file for asus transformer pad tf103c-r
,
transformer pad tf103c manual update
,

updating firmware asus tf103

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 AM.