Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times

How to recover data from locked TF103c ?

Hello,

I'm new on the forum, but I come seeking your help as my last stand. The title explains almost it all. The tablet (a TF103c) is my mother's and one day, for an unknown reason, a password was needed to unlock it, but from what she told me, she is not the one who set it (and I beleive her, I don't think she would know how to do that). So the reason as to why this password appeared is unknown and will probably stay unknown.

But the real issue is that she had a ton of photos on it, and she really doesn't want to lose them all. So of course, a factory reset is out the question (if possible).

I've decided to try and recover the data from her tablet, but I'm kind of noob in these sort of things, thought I'm determined to do what is necessary ! I've watched several videos on how to unlock locked devices with or without adb/entering recovery mode/etc... but none have worked so far and I'm kinda desperate because it's seems fairly simple on principle when you watch these videos but when you try it yourself, it doesn't really work.

Also, important thing, the USB debug is off unfortunately, it'd be too easy otherwise...

From what I read on different tutorials, installing a custom kernel would enable usb debugging by default, but I don't really know how to do that. I also tried to enter wrong pw dozens and dozens of time so that I could log in with her google id but the "lost your password" or whatever it says box never appear...

That's why I'm coming to you guys (I actually just discovered this forum), I hope you'll be able to help me.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

You should be able to unlock this with Google's help, but you'll need your Mothers' Google Account password.

https://support.google.com/nexus/ans...88218?hl=en-GB

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you

And thank you for the quick response. But it seems that this won't help me much since I cannot even have access to the "forgotten pattern/pw" message when I enter a wrong pw several times. I cannot use any of the options on the link you gave me Or am I missing something ?

I've just thought of something : is there any application that I could install from my computer through the play store that would automatically back up the data withouy having to launch the application on the tablet once installed ? Meaning, I add the app from my computer and it just download instantly when it's installed.
    Last edited by Fred8534; 12-03-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Don't think so, but two ideas spring to mind...
    1. Check your Mum's Google account on the web to see if she had automatic photo backup turned on. Google do provide that service now
    2. Contact Google and ask for their assistance with this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright, I'm going to try these two things. Thank you for the help so far , I'll get back to tell you if it worked (it may take a few days though, I have a lot of work to do :/).

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links